boinky

Personal Pre-Skyfest Thoughts

While everyone is going to Skyfest because we want to jump, jump, jump and have a great time, I'm thankful for Skyfest for another reason.

For those of you that know me and my honey, you know that he only gets to come home twice a year for a total of about 5 weeks a year. His last visit was late January. He's coming home tomorrow night JUST so we can play with everyone at Skyfest! :D While I'm happy that we're going to meet you all and jump ourselves to death, I'm even more grateful for Skyfest because I'm going to get to be with my honey during that time, too.

So, when you see me with this permanent "shit eating grin" on my face....you'll have to wonder if it's because of the skydiving, the people or the um..."other" extra-curricular activities! >:(
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

So, when you see me with this permanent "shit eating grin" on my face....you'll have to wonder if it's because of the skydiving, the people or the um..."other" extra-curricular activities!

Tell me what hotel your staying at? I dont want to have to listen to you 2 all night the entire week. ;) Might have to make a quick reservation change!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I am a little nervous about going... this being my (**whispers** first) boogie. Also, with my low jump numbers and having a lot of people in the air makes me a little nervous...as I am used to Lake Wales with only 7-8 jumpers on a plane at a time.

I am excited about meeting many new jumpers and doing my water training! Hopefully I'll get my B license this weekend!!! :o)

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

> this being my (**whispers** first) boogie. Also, with my low jump numbers and having a lot of people in the air makes me a little nervous...as I am used to Lake Wales with only 7-8 jumpers on a plane at a time.

You will be fine, with 130 acres of landing area there are plenty of areas to land without being in a croud. And there will be many new jumpers there with about the same jump numbers you have currently.

So come and insure you have some OFF for the blood suckers that join the party when the sun sets.

You will be fine, with 130 acres of landing area there are plenty of areas to land without being in a croud. And there will be many new jumpers there with about the same jump numbers you have currently.

The trick is to have your head on a swivel, don't try to spiral down past the traffic. You're not getting down quicker to get out of the way, you're creating serious canopy traffic problems for everyone else that creates a dangerous environment. Fly a good and predictable pattern AND remember to look around (and up) after you gather up your canopy and start walking back to the hanger. Just because you've landed doesn't mean that everyone else has. You don't want to walk into someone's path and cause them to low turn into the ground to avoid you (or something similar).

So basically it comes down to doing what you should and using common sense under canopy. Beyond that, smile and have fun.

Also, understand that the traffic is going to be crazy. You'll probably get cut off atleast once under canopy. Just let it go. If it was a real serious safety hazard, you might want to mention it to the S&TA. Otherwise just let it go. The other jump typically won't listen to anyone else about it. Also, if some hot-head skygod comes up to you and starts getting onto you about canopy traffic or similar. Ignore the attitude, but listen to what is being said. It might be valid or it might not. If you have questions, grab a trusted jumper with more expience and ask her/him.

The most important thing is to be safe. The second most important thing is to have a LOT of fun.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

***You will be fine, with 130 acres of landing area there are plenty of areas to land without being in a croud. And there will be many new jumpers there with about the same jump numbers you have currently.

I'm relieved to hear that!
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Well, I have exactly the same concerns as you do. I started out at a small Cessna dz and graduated to bigger dropzones after we moved. It makes me a little nervous having to deal with that much traffic. I'll probably be landing a little further out - on purpose this time though:P
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Oh no way :(
I really wish I could be there. I mean REALLY REALLY wish I could be there. That's actually my bday. I got to jump with you on yours wish you could jump with me on mine. Unfortunatly we are going to be in the field. We leave for the field tommrow morning and are staying out there 3 weeks....possibly shorter but who knows. We will jump together soon though. Hm, maybe this should be a pm since it's directed only to you but...eh, oh well.
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Oh, I'll be there... And it will be great to meet you and a bunch of other DZ.commers too... But don't be surprised if I don't talk much. I've been a nervous wreck all week.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.