NlghtJumper

How Much I Love The Army...

I am now looking at the plane that will take me on my first leg of a flight that will be returning me to the states. I was told I was going to Fort Drum, but about 2 weeks ago my orders were cut and I am now on my way to Fort Campbell, KY. All I can say is... HELL YEAH!!!!

I will be living merely a ten hour drive from home!

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

wow ft campbell, thats hwere my brother is stationed and most of those guys are deployed right now... lemme hear ya say woo hoo now! prolly be one of three places, FOB rustimiyah, FOB falcon, Or somewhere in mahmudiyah/yousifiyah... aint life GrAND!!! well at least it costs alot less to jump in that area and there are lots of jump clubs to join, hope you like clarksvegas man, congrats!
Fly it like you stole it

yay for that. heh. i'm supposed to be out in 2 days now. i would have been LOOONG gone with terminal leave, but nNOooooO. Campbell is one of the better places to be stationed.. be glad you didn't get Drum.. gawd. You'd just be heading right over here to Afghanistan anyways. hahah. i think 101 is in Iraq again though. FUN!

6 months longer and i shall be gone for good!! MWAHAHAHAA!

The 101st just started its return home from OIF 5.
So you will ge tthe dubius pleasure of unloading stuff at the CROF:P.

The club is closed, but we do have 2 DZ's less than an hour away, and if you go see the Division Freefall Safety Officer he can help you finish your students training and maybe get you set up with loaner Team gear, your training could damn near be for free. Hell he may even be able to get you on the Team if you wanted (or at least get you on some of the C-130/C-17 or UH-60/CH-47 jumps). Plus we have a pretty good relationship with several DZ's, all within 6 hours and with varied A/C types.

Campbell is like any other big post, you have to put a little effort into your morale activities but once you do you'll never be bored.

You'll go to Air Assault School (if not already qualified) guaranteed. Plus they run a Pathfinder Class that is expanding to 56 seats a month in August (2 more classes this FY and 13 classes for FY-07). The Division has ABN School and Ranger School slots it can never find enough volunteers to fill. You can advance pretty quick here, it is all up to you.

The Pathfinder Course Cadre is also the ABN Dept. here and the Parachute Team (for now) that is where you can find me as soon as you get here.
(207)798-4267

Learn the Division Song, you'll sing it a bunch:)
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Good for you bro. I can't say I liked it there however the only thing that kept me sain was the skydiving when they used to have the Ft. Campbell sport parachute club. Jose Malave, Susie Hanks, Harry Parris, Auto, Kman and the bunch they were my first instructors.

Every weekend it was Blackhawk jumps and they were free. As fast as you can pack determined the amount of jumps you made. Pilots were screaming to fly for us. Then we went to Hoopers lane to to eat (Joses favorite food Calzones) It was there that I started jumping and I've been addicted ever since.

Andrew, Mike, Johnny R, all I used to do a lot of training with those guys. Back then at Campbell on Son Dz that was the best thing going. If I was speeding on 41A on my Kawasaki, I was on the DZ. Man what good times that was.

Well, I am here, and I will be picking up my cell phone tomorrow (pay day). I am out at 20th right now. I cant wait to get back up. Plus, I have been talking to some of the guys around here, and a couple of them are wanting to get into the sport too. They are talking to MWR about it. Is there anything better I can tell them?

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

Well the Director of MWR said "no", when I asked if I could start the club back up. I had a pretty low cost method for them but alas I am not as good at persuading as I thought.

Call me at the office (270)798-4267 or come down and see me and Iwill give you the low down.

Just go to the Air Assault School and ask for SFC Cline, the Chief of Pathfinder Branch (its the office with all the skydiving photos, cheerleaders {I like my jobB|} jump suits on the door and rigs piled up in the corner.

Welcome to "Tuckassee". :)
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Hey Zulu, Where are you ??? Parkton is closed and I haven't seen you at Raeford.

Ed

Hey Ed my good buddy, how the hell are you?

I'm in "sands" at the moment playing the "I'm here to take your oil" role LMAO:ph34r::D:D No just kidding but I am in the sands. WTF happened to Parkton? You still jumping with no boots? Miss you bro, send me your addy and I will keep in touch. I should be back at Bragg sometime this year. I will be at SOMTB for school. We have go to hook up old man. I could use some more mentoring.
zulu