BounceEasy

Why do people put Oakley stickers on their cars?

I can understand why people put Billabong, Rusty, Roxy etc. on their cars: They're trying to identify themselves with a group. (surfers..)

You add a Relative Workshop sticker, you identify with other skydivers.

Noni Juice sticker?: I'm a semi-cultist kinda guy.

Then you've got radio station decals, religious fish thingys, nascar numbers, etc.

I don't get O stickers though.. there's no group or activity to identify with. Are you a "eyeglass afficianado" or something? Maybe they're optometrists..

Any ideas?

If you walk, just walk. If you sit, just sit. But whatever you do, don't wobble.
- Master Ummon

What I don't get is these "Ain't Skeered" and "No Fear" stickers... what are these rednecks trying to prove? :S They ain't tried a skydive... :|

Love your idea, cocheese! :D I want one too!! :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Alot of golfers wear Oakleys, and put the O sticker on their car. These are the same idiots people with the bumper sticker that says "I'd rather be driving a Titleist".
Side note, I am a golfer and have no stickers on my Jeep.

Smoking is a combination test for intelligence and resistance to marketing/peer pressure. All smokers have failed at least one of these.

What I don't get is these "Ain't Skeered" and "No Fear" stickers... what are these rednecks trying to prove? :S They ain't tried a skydive... :|

That they aren't scared of fat country girls with
bad hair and head fat.
After all what do you think that pickup truck is for? giving them a ride home from the feed lot of course!

my favs...American flags on Jap cars?!?!?!
wtf, over?

My Toyota Tundra was at least built in the US, which makes it substantially more American than, say, a PT Cruiser (German owned company, built in Mexico). ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Maybe it's not really a sunglasses thing, but more of a thing where they are supporters in getting or giving a big O! :o

Now, where do I find one of those stickers...:ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I just love this argument...yes, it gives us some jobs.
Anything else? The profits leave this country..and with our current trade deficit, all we get out of the deal is more empty shipping containers.[:/]

Don't DaimlerChrysler profits leave the country as well?

And when was the last time Ford or GM showed a profit?! :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

...or the bumper stickers: 'Mi child is an honor roll student at blah, blah, school!' So what? Or the ones on a ratty old pick-up; 'My kid beat the crap outa your honor student!' What's with that?
Oakley stickers on Hummers... the peak of ostentation!

Chuck

Billabong, Rusty, Roxy etc. on their cars: They're trying to identify themselves with a group. (surfers..)

Hmmmm....I identify those brands (other than rusty) with snowboarding. ;)

Oh and I do like the ones that say my dog ate your honor student. :ph34r::D
Fly it like you stole it!

...or the bumper stickers: 'Mi child is an honor roll student at blah, blah, school!' So what? Or the ones on a ratty old pick-up; 'My kid beat the crap outa your honor student!' What's with that?

Chuck

My favorite one:

"Your kid may be an honor student, but you're still an asshole."

don't even start me on the German Chryslers!
of the European Fords...or the fuck!
Lots of crap parts from Harley made on the other side of the planet too...I just don't like the quality of metalurgy over there...just not the same....and I hate to see us exporting as much of our economy as possible...especially to countries that want nothing to do with us...!

btw...I bought a Toyota too...made in Japan no less...but that's because of the middle east!

wow what a fucked up world....

I have a Texas redneck neighbor that 'had' a fairly large...

"Driver Carries Less Than 20.00 of Ammunition"

...sticker on his truck's rear window.:S

He took it off a few months ago, after someone broke into the truck at the mall, and STOLE HIS GUN!:ph34r:

Doh!:o

...."Here's yer SIGN!":D:D:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Chuck

My favorite one:

I like that one, too!:D The one's that really get me are the folks who put their last name on the back windo of their vehicle. Had one recently, involved in a string of house burglaries. Every witness gave the police the guy's last name... it was on his back window! Duuuuh!:D:D

Chuck

Chuck

I often wonder why people put most stickers on their car...

:D:D

The bumper Sticker I have on my car is my USPA sticker... the only other thing I might consider other then that is a caving sticker... if I ever get back into it again...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

He took it off a few months ago, after someone broke into the truck at the mall, and STOLE HIS GUN!Sly

Doh!Shocked

...."Here's yer SIGN!"

That's why you NEVER have any sort of gun sticker on your vehicle, even if you don't have a weapon in your car it'll still get broken into. Then you have to replace a window and that's annoying. Leaving weapons in cars is for a whole 'nuther debate all together.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

That's why you NEVER have any sort of gun sticker on your vehicle, even if you don't have a weapon in your car it'll still get broken into. Then you have to replace a window and that's annoying. Leaving weapons in cars is for a whole 'nuther debate all together...

I tried to tell him that 4-5 years ago...!

But it's all good...his dumb ass kid has 'Pot' stickers all over HIS banged up 80something Camaro...nothing like keepin a LOW PROFILE!;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

same reason to never take one on an airlplane trip..I HATE the "steal-me" sticker the airlines make you put on the checked luggage it's in!

They have already stolen enough expensive crap on my way home from trips!

I STILL am pissed about that 75 year old bottle of Irish Whisky...damnit! and the $400 they gave me for it wasn't ENOUGH!