froggie

addictions?

And having to deal with being (this is the first time ive said this on these threads...)

Froggie, I wish I were as brave as you to be able to talk about these things. I think you and I already had this discussion on instant messenger but I just want to thank you for being so open. Even though some of us aren't, it still helps to hear from others even though our stories are always different, the aftermath is usually the same. You are truly a beautiful, courageous, and strong person whom I very much admire and who I'm very thankful joined the skydiving community:)MUCH LOVE AND BLUE SKIES,
Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/

That's beautiful.

I thought so too when he told it to me.
When I tell it to whuffos they give me this really weird look that says "That's morbid". The uplifting nature of the story seems lost on them.
We are a misunderstood lot. Then again, I've been misunderstood all my life. **Sigh**
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

thankyou for listening, and thankyou even more for writing back. The support you guys gives makes it so much easier to share

I have to say that I think you are a very brave gal to share this with the rest of us. I think you can either go through life being a victim, or turn things around and use them for your advantage.
For example, on my 18th birthday my father kicked me out of the house. Told me "you can go to hell for all I care, and you probably will". Pretty bad talk for a Baptist minister. Told me I would never be anything all my life. I used this as my motivation to succeed. I busted my butt in college and would consider myself to be a successful person today. I tried to turn this constant abuse (verbal & physical) into a motivator. My success is my way of saying "Fu@k you, you were wrong, and by the way, don't expect anything from me when you're old!".

Being a skydiver with ADD I can tell you that skydiving DOES focus the mind. High stimulation activities like jumping, driving fast, etc., are all mentioned as ways of "self medicating" in several books I've read on ADD.
pull and flare,
lisa

I sincerely congratulate though, those who were formerly addicted to more severe narcotics and decided to kick the habit.

BLUE SKIES!

Thank You:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You're welcome.;)

Holy cow. OK, I was like 20 years old when I posted these.:o Obviously I was more naive about posting freely on the internet back then---of course, back then DZ.com was just a handful of us so we were a tight bunch.:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.