baron_68

Reline Diablo

I think that Aerodyne is offering them. Also there is what was termed a 4.0 mod on the break lines that added to the bottom end flare.. Give them a call.

Scott C.

I know there was a mod for the triathlon but this is the first I've heard of a brake line mod for the diablo.

I've got a Diablo 190 that I am getting ready to reline - I like the way it flys and flares now so I wonder what the mod will do.

Anyone have any first hand comments on the flight difference pre/post mod?
Scars remind us that the past is real

Aerodyne relined my 170 Diablo about a year ago. It was $250 plus shipping and included an inspection of the canopy. It seems like the cost of the line were in the range where it seemed better just to have them do the whole job. The reline improved flight and flare but not dramatically. It was OK before relining, I just thought after about 600 jumps on it a reline would be a good idea. No one mentioned any thing about any mod.

I have retrofitted 4.0 line sets to both Triathlons and Diablos. Both customers said that their canopies flew better with the new line trim.
The biggest hassle is figuring out where to sew on the new line attachment tape.
The real hassle was convincing Aerodyne to FAX me a drawing - the Friday afternoon before the big boogie -, etc.
Hint: it is inboard of all the other steering line attachment points.

Another hint: if you are re-lining a Diablo, Aerodyne will mail you a line set for the next-largest Triathlon, but they will modify the steering lines (to Diablo specs) before mailing it.