StreetScooby

Should I be concerned - cat question

If you think your cat has been bitten by a bat, which it's hard to tell because the bat's teeth are so small you can't see the marks they leave, you should have the cat revaccinated by your vet immediately, and kept under your control. Observe your cat for 45 days and watch for any illness or unusual behavior. If you see any changes, contact your vet.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

DO be careful!!! Make sure that you have all the bases covered:

If you fear getting bitten...

1) Mix flour with the blood of a "slain" vampire and make it into a bread and eat it to prevent against vampire attacks.

2) Lay a dead cat (well I guess that solves some of your problems right there) or dog at the house's threshold-- the witch or vampire will have to stop and count every hair on the animal, but will have to flee before dawn, or get caught by the sun and die.

3) In Russia (not sure why the geographic location is an issue), masks were worn by mourners in funeral processions, devious routes were taken on the way back home, and the mourners did not look back as they traveled away from the grave, all in an effort to keep any body that might turn vampire from coming back to town and finding people it recognized.

4) And, for MANY health reasons, chow down a lot of garlic.
Dances
Muff Brother #2169

"You can take the girl out of the sky, but not the sky out of the girl!"

take the cat to the vet and have it revaccinated if the vet recommends it. Cats can carry rabies although from what I have read it is rare. To be exposed to rabies you do NOT have to be bitten. It is carried in the saliva, blood, and some scientists postulate the excretia and sweat/dander. Better safe than sorry since rabies has a 100% fatality rate.

I was bitten by a monkey while on vacation in Cambodia and had to get rabies post-exposure vaccinations, despite having had a rabies vaccination before travelling FWIW.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

If you think your cat has been bitten by a bat, which it's hard to tell because the bat's teeth are so small you can't see the marks they leave, you should have the cat revaccinated by your vet immediately, and kept under your control. Observe your cat for 45 days and watch for any illness or unusual behavior. If you see any changes, contact your vet.

hehe... Doc would be proud.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Best advice that can be given: Check With Your VET! If you don't have a regular vet, call the local clinic and see what they have to say.

Some areas have a rather large problem with rabies; you don't necessarily know that unless/until you check with your vet.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~