SeanSolo

How much to pay for this...

It will depend on the line set and the overall condition of the canopy. If it is the first line set it would be good to consider the replacement cost in as total cost on the purchase. I dont remember exactly but I think total with shipping is about $200 but I am sure someone will correct me if I am worng, I dont have my receipt from a re-line last year from PD. :S Pricing on them is goig to be in the 400 to 600 range again depending on condition. With only 430 jumps I am guessing it is in pretty good shape and maybe in the $500 range for value separate from the line if needed. But hell that is just a ballpark guess

Scott C.

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I would agree with the $400-600 range.

I, personally, would replace the lines from the start knowing that I'll not have much to be concerned with regarding normal maintenance. I spoke to PD and the lineset is $195 plus shipping...figure another $150 (and that's reasonable) for the rigger cost to do the lineset.

Have a rigger look at the canopy. If you're buying it online, have it shipped to your rigger before paying for it. If it needs the lineset, I would offer $300-350 to offset the maintenance cost.

Good luck,
Kaye

Without actually seeing the canopy... I'd say the $400 to $600 range is about right for an asking price.

With 400 and some jumps on the canopy, even if its in great condition, you're probably looking at a line-set in the next 100ish jumps... of course we're assuming the lines are Spectra.

If you can talk the seller down in price anticipating a line-set sooner then later and/or get them to ship it to a rigger local to you to inspect before you give them money to buy it, so much the better, but good luck with that.

I don't know if you know this, but Sabre 190s (and Sabre's larger) from that era had "double steering lines" which some folks found distasteful, IMO while not un-heard-of, just a bit different... but that and the orginal Sabre's "rep" (somewhat true, somewhat urban legend) as a "wack job" canopy (if you do buy it, make sure its got the correct sized slider on it (call PD))... are all different stories. ;)

A few months back now, I sent a Sabre-2 170 back to PD for a buddy I do reserve repacks for and with a line-set, new slinks, a simple patch, replacing the kill-lines / sleeves on the slider and shipping to/from PD, all that ran him a bit over $300... so go check PDs new price list for service / Mx.