xenaswampjumper

Criss Angel mindfreak

Anyone out there an Angel freak??? I am!!! He is the best EVER!!! I am writing him a letter in hopes that he may attempt some stunt while skydiving or under canopy etc. He has been in a wind tunnel before and seemed to enjoy it.

Any ideas of what I should suggest that he do??? I am sure that he would have his own ideas and know what he could or couldn't pull off, but just wanted to throw that out there and see what everyone thinks.

till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates....
In skydiving, the only thing that stops you is the ground..............
PMS# 472 Muff #3863 TPM#95

ahhh yes - i love mr angel - though it has been expressed by quite a few here that they can't stand him...

he's have to do something like switching spots on a tandem or something crazy like that for it to be cris-esque

i'll keep thinking about that one and get back to you if i can think of something better :)
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

NOTHING. The last thing this sport needs is a new-to-skydiving celebrity to die on video.

I would hate for something to happen to him as well, but he is always pushing the envelope and asking for suggestions on new stunts. Heard though on how you feel about bad press for the sport, however it could be great press if he can pull it off......dunno.....just a thought.

Agreed, it could be good press if it were pulled off. But freefall and canopy control are hard enough for new jumpers when it's the only thing they have to concentrate on, when you add trying to perform a stunt into the mix it seriously increases the risk of an incident.

And as for doing a tandem, A.) He's the kind of guy that goes all out, I don't think he would want to be a tandem passenger for his act (I could be wrong). And B.) obviously it's up to the tandem master whether or not they'd do it, but having someone trying to perform a stunt while being your passenger would make your job a lot harder, and probably increase the chances for a incident as well.

True true true.....he is an all out character. I have just seen him do some very dangerous things and he has spent weeks "learning" the basics of things that are included in his stunts....such as motorcross and jumping and then disappearing......anyway, just thought it would be interesting!!!!!:)

let me just say - that i would never want to see anyone be put at a serious risk - cris' gig for the most part is ILLUSION - he is all about tricking the eye - i am sure he would be able to pull something off where he is not putting anyone else at serious risk - more times than not he is all about throwing himself out there - i doubt he would do something that is legitimately life threatening unless there was a fluke with the trick - who knows though right?
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

that is not my point - i understand gravity is not an illusion - i'm saying he knows how to manipulate the mind to think you're seeing something that you really are not - regardless of gravity being an issue

Gravity is not an illusion...

true true......but neither is being tied into a straight jacket being dragged behind a speed boat at 45 mph in the water..........just saying that he does alot of dangerous/amazing illusions.

actually he is on A&E channel right now and his stunt is underwater, in a cage surronded by animals, jel lyfish etc and shakled.......illusion yes......dangerous YES!!!! He is amazing!!!!!!!!!

too funny chica that we are watching the same things......great minds think alike!!!!;):)

damn straight :) and there is nothing wrong with it :)

I like Criss Angel and all because hes made a living at a hobby he loves but like everyone said, its illusion.

But if you want to see a damn good skydiving trick, watch the videos of Greg Gasson leaving the plane w/o a rig sometime...thats a damn good stunt.Heck,just go watch the Good Stuff DVD and see that and the escape artist who flings himself out handcuffed...both good IMHO. See? we already have our own good stuntmen in the sport.;)

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

He does have ideas. It's something that he has wanted to do for a long time and talks about doing from time to time. Maybe.

oohhhhh.....do you have inside info?????