JENNR8R

DVD Copyright Infringement

At the beginning of every DVD:

"The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to 5 years in Federal prison and a fine of $250,000."
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

I have reproduced many but it's always DVD's that I or a friend has bought and wanted a copy. Or I made it digital so it'll last forever.

But only after obtaining proper written authorization, I'm sure.

It's not jumpable today, and I'm reduced to watching DVDs that have been loaned to me. I wonder why they even bother to put that warning at the beginning of each one? I've never heard of its enforcement. That would probably make front-page, above the fold, news.

Back to watching King Kong...
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

It's probably not going to be enforced against the random person who burns a few DVDs for his or her friends. The guy in a warehouse somewhere who is copying and selling thousands of knockoff copies is probably the one that the Feds are focusing on.

The warning is probably there just so no one can say "but I didn't know it was illegal."
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I know a guy doing 3 years in prison for having received and watched a bootleg copy of one of the newer star wars movies. He got caught by bragging about it in a chat room. :S

so....for the record I have never received or watched a bootleg copy of anything nor have I burned a copyrighted dvd or cd. :|
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Here, the music industry complained to the government about the amount it was losing to illegal copying
so the government introduced a "canon" on all sales of virgin cd's an dvd's which it pays the artists association.

My feelings on this forced payment are, that now I have paid for the right to copy onto dvd whatever I please.

Gone fishing

In the past I have used a website to download some movies that are still in theatre. Since Cox switched to Suddenlink I have only tried it once and as a result, my internet was shut off. It took several phone calls to Suddenlink to get it back on.

I don't think I will be doing that again.

In the past I have used a website to download some movies that are still in theatre. Since Cox switched to Suddenlink I have only tried it once and as a result, my internet was shut off. It took several phone calls to Suddenlink to get it back on.

I don't think I will be doing that again.

Are you saying that your provider won't let you connect to p2p

Gone fishing

I suppose I am.

When I called them to say my internet was down, they asked if I had any copyrighted material on my computer. They said if I did and did not get it off right away, they would not turn my internet back on.

They also told me that the security department would be connecting to my computer later on to see if I had deleted whatever it was.

Bullshit, huh?

Laws are being faught in the courts about that but some districts have rule the ISP can be fined for each infraction that their customers make on their network. They can then pass those fines and legal fees to the end customer also. :S
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

They also told me that the security department would be connecting to my computer later on to see if I had deleted whatever it was.

Bullshit, huh?

That's WELL beyond the bullshit![ crazy] >:(
--------------
We were not born to fly. And all we can do is to try not to fall...

Bullshit, huh?

Holy shit.............are you kidding me? I would sue the living shit out of them. Law Enforcement can't even do that without a warrant! :o Just the threat is a crime..........much less if they actually did it!