councilman24

Quasar II's with steel flap springs grounded

www.strongparachutes.com/

Airtwardo posted a link above I believe (I'm not that good at clicky links), to our website www.strongparchutes.com, which has an online running total of rigs received, serviced and shipped.

I did Tom, and here is is again (above)...straight 'clicky' instead of 'hidden' in a sentence.;)

Oh~BTW...:$

MINE is on the way, please see that it gets plenty of food, water & TLC! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

The rig that started this is on it's way back to me. Due to be delivered tomorrow. It will be assembled by the end of the weekend. I'll take a video of it's deployment and post it on skydivingmovies.com with the original one. Hopefully by Monday.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I own a QuasarII and had sent it back to Strong Enterprises 10 days ago. It was just sent back to me completely fixed in accordance with Service Bulletin #26. Mike Rinaldi (sales & service) was very apologetic about the situation and strives hard to get their customers' rigs fixed ASAP! I was impressed on how fast S.E. jumped on it, and how much they were concerned about my safety and satisfaction.

You know I've seen a lot of posts in this thread asking the question of How can I trust this company again?. This was never an issue of anything intentional. Further more, I ask has anyone ever dealt with lets say a car dealership and the service manager makes excuses or is laying down the "cover up"? Here is what I got from Strong Enterprises so far.....

1. It was a bad design.
2. Fortunately no one was killed because of it.
3. We are real sorry and are investigating right away.
4. Please send your rig back at our expense because we have a solution.
5. Your rig is fixed and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please take comfort in knowing that the modification was test jumped by the company's president.

Yep, that sounds like a company that I can trust when their sales and service department convey to me that they truly want my business for life and will do anything to make me happy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or someone with a D-license to sniff out good customer service and a company that stands behind their product.;)

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Yep, that sounds like a company that I can trust when their sales and service department convey to me that they truly want my business for life and will do anything to make me happy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or someone with a D-license to sniff out good customer service and a company that stands behind their product.

I would have to agree wholeheartedly, I've jumped nothing but Strong Ent. gear for going on 25 years now.

I jumped a demo with a rigger examiner a couple weeks ago,
where he jumps I guess there aren't a lot of Quazars...

He was no shit drooling over the workmanship and detail that went into the rig.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

my $.02:

My experience with Strong has been nothing but positive. I bought a Quasar II direct from the company when I was in Florida a couple months ago. The customer service that I received from Mike, Tom, and Ted Strong himself was outstanding.

I am equally pleased with Strong's response to this situation, which was appropriate, timely, and professional. I sent my rig in 2-day Express mail on Tuesday afternoon. I just got a call (it's now Thursday early afternoon) saying that my rig is ready to go, and asking how I would like it sent back. I got an explanation of the modifications that were done, and was told about the documentation that will be coming back with my rig.

Manufactured products have recalls and service bulletins all the time; look at the automotive industry. What is important is how the company responds. Yeah, it was a bummer to be without my rig for a week or so, and it did cost a little money to send it back to Strong (fortunately, my sweetheart is a master rigger, so I don't have to worry about the reserve repack ;). But honestly, what's a little inconvenience compared to the peace of mind you get knowing that your rig's manufacturer is standing behind its product, and making sure your equipment is safe? I have no qualms about the safety of my equipment and, based on this experience, would not hesitate to buy from Strong again.

May the (relative) wind take your troubles away...

We have updated our website www.strongparachutes.com with a Quasar II Service Bulletin #26 Progress Report, including serial numbers of modified container (we are attempting to update that list weekly), post-modification packing procedures, and some video and pictures of Mr. Strong making live evaluation jumps on the modified reserve tray system.

I am also attaching here a picture of the old (left) reserve pilot chute and new (right) reserve pilot chute for comparison purposes (it was asked for from an earlier post).

While I'm posting here, I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you to everyone that has offered their support to Strong Enterprises during this Quasar II Service Bulletin #26 recall for modification. We have received all of your calls and emails offering us your support and understanding, and every one of them has really made a difference for us here at the factory. All of your support and best wishes have been (and continue to be) very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Tom Noonan
Tandem Director
Strong Enterprises