McBeth

Hotels in NYC

Rates displayed may be non-refundable.
Please review rate rules and restrictions prior to booking your stay.

Hilton Fort Lee at the George Washington Bridge Compare Hotel

2117 Route 4 Eastbound
Fort Lee, New Jersey, United States, 07024
1-201-461-9000
7.11 miles from city center

Add to Travel Cart

Available

From 189.00
USD / night

There's under $200. It's in Jersey but hey.......it's only 7 miles out. Found it on Hilton.com. Newark is also a SHORT train ride away and seriously drops the price.

She is either going to spend cab or train fare or put it all up front on the room.

You're right. Hotel operators in NYC are not dumb.

Welcome to the Big Apple! I hate that place!

Some days I love it, and some days I hate it. Very rarely is it in between.
We are all engines of karma

Welcome to the Big Apple! I hate that place! I'm really glad I have good friends who live a block from a subway station on the Upper East Side and who are always willing to let me stay in their apartment (at least till they start popping out babies and move to Westchester). :)

Edited for me. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

We pretty much walked to Times Square, Rockefeller Center..took the subway/taxi to Manhattan.

You really could have saved yourself a few bucks by cutting out the subway/taxi....because you were already in Manhattan.:P

Chris

Try Red Roof Inn. There is one on the east side somewhere in the 30s, pretty easy commute from where you need to be. I had several friends/family stay there when they came to visit and it was always a pretty good deal.

I got a room there once for $89 for a night when my apartment was being bug bombed, but that was a straight walk-up on the night I wanted to stay.
Killing threads since 2004.

McBeth, You really are in a bad spot here. First of all, the wedding is in midtown...mucho bucks. Secondly, it is the same day as the marathon, meaning no rooms at the inn. I've been in the Hotel Industry for 15 years. The law of supply and demand definitely applies.[:/] Your best bet just might be in Jersey as Clay recommended. Whatever you decide...book soon!!! I'm sure there are quite a few marathoners and spectators who have not yet booked and the bookings are going to start spilling into Jersey. And you guessed it, their prices will shoot right up.

Best of luck.

Chris

Have you tried the Gershwin hotel? It was well priced last time I stayed there. Right by Madisson Square.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

We stayed here http://www.thebenjamin.com/ which is in the middle of Manhattan.. We paid ~$250 for a 4 person suite during Christmas so a single room should be cheaper and it is an awesome awesome boutique hotel in an awesome awesome location... You could try..

Edit: Sorry.. just went to the website and realized it's an all suites hotel..

Check out the Hudson....it's a great place in Manhattan. It's reasonable and it's within walking distance of the Rockefella center....Cathedral!

Good luck!
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492