SkydiveStMarys

Were you spanked as a child?

Damn, sounds like you were raised in Edmond Ok. My grand parents (my mothers side) would go get a small limb off the tree ( they also called a switch). I also was raised to say yes sir and yes ma'am. My dad would give us a good talking to, explaining what we did wrong, then whip us with a thin belt. No beating in our house. Just enough to sting and remind you for about 2 or 3 minutes.

I am sixteen years old. And when I go with my mom or someone to the store the cashiers always say how nice and polite we ( my brother and I) are.

I was spanked as a child from like the age of 2. If I wanted something I couldnt have I would get a NO. Then if i threw a fit. It was a little whap.

I would never consider this as abuse. I plan on using the same method on my children. No one will ever tell me when I can and can't discipline my child.

On the other hand I have cousins that are never spanked and they are just little monsters.

- Doug
(On a different note, I jumped today and stood it up for the first time- It was cold)
You get in a plane and after a few minutes, you throw yourself at the ground.

you dont need a parachute to skydive, but you do need a parachute to skydive twice

Yup! I used to get my butt 'blistered', on occasion. Nothing serious, just enough to straighten me out. I was about 5 - 6 yrs. old and I had done something, can't remember what it was. Anyhow, I knew, I was gonna get a whuppin' so, I stuffed a National Geographic down the back of my Wranglers. I bent-over, to get my swats when my dad noticed the magizine in my jeans. He started laughing so hard, he just sent me to my room and no supper. Every time I see a copy of National Geographic, I remember that.

Chuck

I was not spanked as a child... my father did have a temper and would yell at us on occasion but he didn't actually spank us.

we did know better then to cross him because he was usually right to punish us.

I'm hoping that if I ever have kids then I have more patiences and learn to better control my temper.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

My dad was quick to use his belt, but most of the time I deserved it. When he was killed, my mom was left with three mean little boys. She had to be tough. A slap in the face was not uncommon, but we deserved it. My wife and I got into the no no chair business with my daughters after initially spanking. NO no chair works good with a 3year old granddaughter. She hates it.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.