AggieDave

See, proof there is a god!

A large number of the highways around the rest of TX are 70mph, but that stretch of land is basically straight, flat and nothing but wide open nothing. It kind of reminds me of the Neverending Story and what is left after the "nothing" comes through. Atleast that's what it was like at night. During the day it was about the same.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It was 80 this past august when I last came through.

Yeah, the law stating the change was passed in 2005, went into effect in September of 2005, but wasn't posted and truely legal to drive until the past few months when the signage could all be changed.

When I drove through there back in December/Jan for the Holiday Boogie it was still 75mph. Even with that, I putted along at 70mph. Not for safety, just for gas milage. The difference in my truck between 70mph and 75mph is about 2mpg. The difference between 70mph and 80mph is about 6mpg. That's significant when you're driving as far as we were driving. We had more time then money, so it was a fair trade.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."