waltappel

Ever get a song constantly playing in your mind?

It happens to me occasionally. The worst case was having the theme from "The Beverly Hillbillies" going through my head for three torturous days!

One time I was going up on a Cessna load and a guy in the back had his eyes closed and was obviously really rockin' out. I asked him what he was "listening" to and he said, "Rocky Mountain Way" (an old Joe Walsh song). Cool.

This morning I've got an old soul song going through my head--"If you don't know me by now", by Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes.

Nice song and I don't mind it going through my head. After all, it's a whole lot better than the theme from "The Beverly Hillbillies"!

Does it happen to you?

Walt

Strange you should mention that. Yesterday, we had a bad spot on a CRW jump, and as I was flying over a housing area, looking for a nice yard to land in, I had "Easy Livin'", by Uriah Heep, playing in my head. I ended up making it to a driving range after swooping over some wires and trees.

Kevin

It happens to me all the time. The odd part is how random they are. A few months ago it was "This Is It" by Kenny Loggins. A couple of weeks ago it was "Borderline" by Madonna. WTF? I've also recently deal with Mannfred Mann's version of "Blinded by the Light," "Flirting with Disaster" by Molly Hatchett and "Loving You" by the Mavericks.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I have a Liz Phair song stuck in my head today. I've self perscribed Megadeath - Symphony of Destruction on repeat and I think it's keep me hetero.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I don't think I've ever had a song stuck in my head.

:D

Well what about someone singing a song in sign language?

Walt

Nope... never worked. I dunno why.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Oh come on, even those of us with hearing remember all of those elementary school kids standing around learning some cheesy hippie song in sign - You are my sunshine - or The sun will come out tomorrow - or Yes, Jesus loves me - or something!
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

i've had 'jackson' by johnny cash and june carter in my head for 3 days now!!! i woke up and the first line of the song was the first thing i thought of [:/]

Damn--now I've got in going through *my* head. Thanks a lot!!!>:(

We got married in a fever, hotter than a pepper sprout,
We've been talkin' 'bout Jackson, ever since the fire went out.
I'm goin' to Jackson, I'm gonna mess around,
Yeah, I'm goin' to Jackson,
Look out Jackson town.

Well, go on down to Jackson; go ahead and wreck your health.
Go play your hand you big-talkin' man, make a big fool of yourself,
Yeah, go to Jackson; go comb your hair!
Honey, I'm gonna snowball Jackson.
See if I care.

When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow. (Hah!)
All them women gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how,
I'm goin' to Jackson, you turn-a loose-a my coat.
'Cos I'm goin' to Jackson.
"Goodbye," that's all she wrote.

But they'll laugh at you in Jackson, and I'll be dancin' on a Pony Keg.
They'll lead you 'round town like a scalded hound,
With your tail tucked between your legs,
Yeah, go to Jackson, you big-talkin' man.
And I'll be waitin' in Jackson, behind my Jaypan Fan,

Well now, we got married in a fever, hotter than a pepper Sprout,
We've been talkin' 'bout Jackson, ever since the fire went.
I'm goin' to Jackson, and that's a fact.
Yeah, we're goin' to Jackson, ain't never comin' back.

Well, we got married in a fever, hotter than a pepper sprout'
And we've been talkin' 'bout Jackson, ever since the fire went...

Walt

But that's a great song - it gets stuck in my head every time I hear it, too!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Oh come on, even those of us with hearing remember all of those elementary school kids standing around learning some cheesy hippie song in sign - You are my sunshine - or The sun will come out tomorrow - or Yes, Jesus loves me - or something!

Never saw anything like that growing up... I was the only deaf kid at every school I went to, until the last couple of years of high school.

I do get certain phrases (not songs) stuck in my head from time to time. Back when I was reading The Dark Towers trilogy by Stephen King, this phrase about drove me crazy: "didachick, dodachock, dumachum"

Oh fuck, here we go ahead, NOW that stupid shit's stuck in my head again! B| B| :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I do get certain phrases (not songs) stuck in my head from time to time. Back when I was reading The Dark Towers trilogy by Stephen King, this phrase about drove me crazy: "didachick, dodachock, dumachum"

Oh fuck, here we go ahead, NOW that stupid shit's stuck in my head again!

hehehe! I loved that series and that same phrasing screwed me up too!Now my hubby is reading it and I'm just waiting for him to be infected by it aswell.Damn lobstrosities!:ph34r:

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."