Mostly_Harmless

Insurance agents suck (and so do people).

So yesterday someone hit my truck while I was in the parking lot. I can still drive it but the front is all bent and stuff, no note, no anything. I call up State Farm to file a claim and the first things out of there mouths is "You have a $500 deductable", then the adjuster calls me and the first thing out of his mouth is "You have a $500 deductable." Thanks douche bag for reminding me that I have to pay out my ass because someone else hit my truck! You think these people could be a bit nicer considering the most expenisve thing I own is now messed up! Sorry for the rant.

Maybe he was trying to get you to think about whether you want to file a claim at all ...

Or maybe he's just an asshole, like all insurance agents (whee! sweeping generalization is fun!):D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Unfortunately no there weren't. The car probably has $1500-$2500 worth of damage so I am definately going to make a claim. But it wasn't just him. I talked to two people before him and seriously the first things out of there mouth is "YOu have a $500 deductable". They could ask if I am alright or something nice like that. Also I talked to my car guy and he said he could start working on it on monday so I tell the adjuster that to which he responds that I have to do it on there time not my own. Thanks State Farm, I need my truck for transportation and when my car guy offers to get the truck back on the road fast you put a stop to that.

Put a stop to that? I'm assuming the insurance company has their own repair garage to send your truck to? I found that out when I had to have repairs done in the past. Once I hit a tire that fell off a car on the highway. My truck was out of commission for 5 freaking weeks! thankfully my insurance totally covered the rental car for the entire time.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Put a stop to that? I'm assuming the insurance company has their own repair garage to send your truck to? I found that out when I had to have repairs done in the past. Once I hit a tire that fell off a car on the highway. My truck was out of commission for 5 freaking weeks! thankfully my insurance totally covered the rental car for the entire time.

I'm going thru that right now. My wife was in an accident 2 weeks ago down at her moms. I just today got the ok to have the truck towed to the dealer to get fixed. Man insurance is quite the racket. Gonna be at least another week before it is fixed. Then all I can do is hope it's fixed right.
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever

it's probably because they have memory problems.. we hammer into our guys heads that the MUST mention the deductable and to cover their butts they often say it first to get out of the way. Not a nice way to treat customers though and our telephone guys would get marked down for that. Obviously the guys in the field don't have their conversations recorded or monitored for quality purposes, so nothing we can do about them:|.

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

yeah that sucks. The only thing I can suggest is call them once or twice a day to see what is going on. They always say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Maybe if you are a big enough pain in the ass they'll get on it.
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever