ntrprnr

My marathon # - 43760

For anyone interested in following it on www.ingnycmarathon.com

I do question the logic of putting Tylenol PM in the goodie bags - especially with something like 8,000 runners not from this country and not speaking English... What do you bet we have a huge gathering of sleeping foreign runners at mile 12?

Heh... I love it.

I ate lots of pasta tonight. Tomorrow night, I'll do the same. :)

Right on! Good luck running the Marathon, if you're lucky you won't get hit by a cabbie...:D:P

Seriously, enjoy yourself. If you really want to screw with people, light up a FAT cigar at the start line and just wonder around all the runners with it lit. You don't have to smoke it, but it would be funny. Screw up their mind set.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

kick ASS :) i will try my best to be there - my friend is about to pop out her kid a few days earlier than expected so i'm on call - i hope to see you - if not i have total faith in ya!!!
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Have fun, I just finished the Marine Corps Marathon last Sunday, I am pretty sure it will be my last.

I just don't take the time to train for that distance right, my longest run prior was only 8.5 [:/] and the Tylenol I took at mile 20 REALLY did help me finish!!

It was my sencond worst marathon of the 15 I have run. I think I will stick to 10k or an occasional 1/2'

Best of luck, stay safe!!

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

I do question the logic of putting Tylenol PM in the goodie bags...

Same thing at the Marine Marathon in D.C. last weekend!

That and 1/2 a dozen breath mint thingies and a greasy bag of potato chips?!:S

Good luck Peter....remember, it's NOT a marathon...it's 20 and 6!;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Good luck.

I've had my fill of Marathons. But it seems there is always some one else willing to take it up.

I've followed your different post about your training, and it sounds like you did it all right.

Be aware, the night before the race is when you won't get enough sleep, so get as much now as you can.

Keep us posted.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

It isn't being a skydiver that makes you crazy, it's the fact that you are willingly running 26 miles and you don't even have a wild animal chasing you :P

Have a Great Run! And remember, there is beer when you are done! :)
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

LET'S GO, DUDE!! ALL OF DZ.COM IS PULLING FOR YA!! B|B|B|

On the plus side, I ate an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's last night, (Vanilla Heath Bar Crunch,) and yet, I know full well this weekend will STILL be caloric-negative.

Just counting down the hours, relaxing at home... Chilling. Going to make a bit more pasta early tonight, then try and get some sleep. (yeah. good luck.)

The amount of support I've gotten from everyone here has been nothing short of amazing. You guys are truly, truly, class acts. I'm so happy to have fallen in (no pun intended) with you guys, and I hope I get the opportunity to repay the kindness sometime soon.

The iPod is charged... I'm gonna go pin my number on my shirt... make sure my watch is ready... And then, probably just chill tonight. Gotta be at the bus for the ride to Staten Island at 6:45.

And so it goes.

Two quotes:

One may go a long way after one is tired. ~French Proverb

and

“Run like hell and get the agony over with.” -Clarence DeMar

I really, really like that one.

I set Muenkel up as my 5k alert guy - I can have up to five, so it's him, mom, dad, a friend from Boston with whom I've trained, and the cell phone of the person organizing my running group's "tylenol table" at mile 22, so she can see where we are. :)

Basically, it'll send a quick email ever 5k and let everyone know how I'm doing. Unfortunately, it only gives me five of them, otherwise I'd do more.

So assuming he's online tomorrow, he can post results as they come in, if you guys are really that curious. I hope, for your sake, you've more to do on a Sunday than wait for my split times. :)
Thanks again, DZ. You guys are amazing. I can't wait to buy each of you a beer (and drink one myself!) Christmas at Z-Hills.

-Peter - the weird running guy in New York.

Officially started 8 min ago... but looking at the website, Peter will start in about two hours.

Don't get nervous.... just walk it and think about the helicopter at the moon.... Then run and run and run and run and run and run and run......

Official Starts

Early Start, Athletes With Disabilities, Presented by Avis
8:00 a.m.

Wheelchair Division, Presented by Avis
9:05 a.m.

Handcycle Category
9:20 a.m.

Professional Women
9:35 a.m. (F1-F100)

Foot Locker Five Borough Challenge
9:45 a.m.

Open Field including Professional Men
10:10 a.m.

Family Reunion
Noon-5:00 p.m.

Post-Race Party Presented by Clear Channel Radio
7:30 p.m.-1:00 a.m., Copacabana, 560 West 34th Street.

I set Muenkel up as my 5k alert guy - I can have up to five, so it's him, mom, dad, a friend from Boston with whom I've trained, and the cell phone of the person organizing my running group's "tylenol table" at mile 22, so she can see where we are. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Should we have seen a post from Muenkel by now? I can't get the 'tracker' on the site to work, but I'm heading out in a few with the number written on my hand (anybody seen this guy?? :)
Peter, by the time you see this it will all be said and done, but we're proud of you!~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!