DougH

Vector I Narrow Reserve PC versus Vector II RPC

Does any one know what the dimension of a Vector 1 reserve pilot chute is versus the better wide spring version that came with the Vector II.

I may end up buying a vector I / wonderhog for a extra rig, but I don't want to bother if the pilot chute hasn't been already upgraded.

The seller said that the reserve pilot chute **Cap** measures 6.5 inches across??

I also was going to convert it from ROL to a BOC pouch.

Am I wasting my time? I was only going to use the rig for hop and pops, and maybe throw a crw canopy down the road.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Does any one know what the dimension of a Vector 1 reserve pilot chute is versus the better wide spring version that came with the Vector II.

I may end up buying a vector I / wonderhog for a extra rig, but I don't want to bother if the pilot chute hasn't been already upgraded.

The seller said that the reserve pilot chute **Cap** measures 6.5 inches across??

I also was going to convert it from ROL to a BOC pouch.

Am I wasting my time? I was only going to use the rig for hop and pops, and maybe throw a crw canopy down the road.

Not sure, my Vector1 came already updated to the V2-PC, but given a good condition I think the Vector I container is just fine for a second rig (though not for all types of flying).

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

I have an unpacked1988 Vector here and the top of the PC measures about 3.5 to 4" in diameter. The base is 6".
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I would be amazed if anyone tried to sell you a Vector I reserve pilot chute. They fell out of fashion more than a decade ago.
While the springs look similar, Vector II springs are made from a better grade of steel than holds its "springiness" far longer.
The easiest way to distinguish between the two is the 6.5 inch wide aluminum cap on top of the Vector II pilot chute.

I agree, not the pilot chute itself. But I bet there are a bunch of vector I's in closets out there that haven't been upgraded. :D

Thanks for the additional info. :)
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P