Dangerousmind86

Argus ADD Lets Talk Quality!!!

I just spoke with Bill Booth about this quote and he confirmed that the Argus AAD fits in our Harness Container System. This is as far as we will go in stating that it is compatable with our system.

Cool. I guess I misunderstood the clarification. Nice to have it cleared up for dummies like me. :)

The only dumb question is the one never asked......or something like that.B|

Mark

The Argus. I've had some experiences with this aad. An Argus after being turned on, jumped, upon gear check prior to next jump display was off. Turned unit on, went on a load with the jumper display was on during jumprun, jumper landed safely Argus display was off. hmmmm. Unit was removed, Cypres 2 installed. Another occasion, Argus was powered up, set up, inspected,as i had cutter and display in one hand and brains and battery in the other hand, as i went to sit on the floor next to the container to install the Argus, the cutter fired ! Hmmm. Cypres 2 was then installed in the rig. An article was in Skydiving magazine representing these claims but was misrepresenting a fact about where this took place. I don't recall exactly how it read, mentioned the U.S. market units not being affected. These 2 incidents happened in the U.S. go figure. As a Master Rigger i'd suggest buying a Cypres or Cypres2.

The AAD had a defect.The unit as well as other Argus aad's went back to the factory. I still don't know why this AAD fired. There was no definitive answer why this one fired and the others did'nt that were from the same batch. An answer was given about a software upgrade and the return of a certain batch of aad's. There were more than one Argus that had the display turning off from the same batch that was returned.

The SB can be found here:

http://www.argus-aad.com/media/Bulletins/SBAMM290506.pdf

It clearly states unit were also shipped to US and recalled. Never seen such an organized recall as this one. (all affected riggers and persons were personally contacted, also all other customers were emailed and a SB was issued)

As a master rigger I hope you stay up to speed on other subjects/ developments better then this one...
The trouble with skydiving; If you stink at it and continue to jump, you'll die. If you're good at it and continue to jump, you'll see a lot of friends die...