SkydiveStMarys

When do you put the Christmas tree up??

We will be putting it up the day after turkey day.... always have done it then, since I was a kid and we take it down on 1/1.

You remove it on New Years Day? So you don't leave it up for the whole Christmas season then?:o

I know there are some cultures where they don't exchange presents on the first day of Christmas (Dec 25), but on Twelfth night.

In my family we usually do the gift thing on Dec 25th, but the tree stays up for the whole Christmas season.

I usually take mine down on the Feast of the Epiphany.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

January 6th. January 5th is Twelfth Night, the evening before Epiphany.

edited to add: The Feast of the Epiphany celebrates when the three wise men/astrologers arrived with gifts for the baby Jesus.

That is why in some cultures, gifts are not exchanged until 12th night.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

We've always put up our tree the day after Thanksgiving too. The last couple of years however, my Mom has gone nuts. One year she put it up before Halloween (a year that I wasn't at home, but I heard all about it). This year has kind of been a bad one so she wasn't going to put one up at all, which obviously, is so unlike her. So my sister and I talked her into getting one, and it went up Monday. It's not decorated yet though - that will probably happen sometime this week or weekend.
~skysprite