jumpnaked69

Moab experts!

To anyone who is familiar with Moab....
I'm considering moving there and I wanted to get a feel for the size of the town in both the winter and the summer. From the Moab boogie the last two years it looks fairly small with a very young crowd. How is it in the winter? Does the town really swell in the summer? Any major downsides or benefits that arent immediately visible (i.e. extreme state income tax or a local federal penitentiary)? Is Moab expected to have a large population boom any time soon? What are house prices like?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Alan

Are you asking about skydiving or BASE in Moab? If it's BASE, Marta and Jimmy at Apex Base can give you a ton of info on Moab and the area.

Their website is www.basicresearch.com/apex.htm They are really nice people and are a wealth of information.

Good luck and hope to see you in the summer.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

To anyone who is familiar with Moab....
---------------------------------------------------------

I live in the same general area....it was 3 degrees this morning. I guarantee you wont be jumping naked.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

HAHAHAHA! I think you should travel there first before making any big plans!

For the most part Moab consists of one major street and is really only populated 6 months out of the year. At the end of the summer most all the business leaves until March or so. Average wage is probably 6$ an hour. You might be able to get on the list to work at Denny's on Gonzo Motel. If you are really lucky, you might be able to get a job working at the grocery store! If you are going to retire or have money, it will probably be a great place to live. Living used to be really cheap, but the tourist industry has really driven up the prices of land and housing. Locals can not even afford the property tax anymore. When I first went there for vacation in 90, it was a great place........Last time I was there the air conditioned desert Hummer tours made me want to vomit!

Utah has some really odd laws, but Moab is not really part of the rest of the state......But they still must follow them.....or most of them anyway!:D:D

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Moab is HOT in the summer. I mean really hot. The big seasons there are spring and fall. The winter can be nice with 65 degree days, or it can be snowing. Don't forget whitewater raft guiding as a way to make money! That's probably the only "liveable" job in the summer.

You might be able to get on the list to work at Denny's on Gonzo Motel.]

Is that the name of the Motel, or the name of the owner???
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.