kenz

little miss sunshine

just wanted to say that this was a GREAT film...

i have not been impressed with much of what hollywood has had to offer lately, but this film was GREAT :)

i know it's been out for a few weeks - but i really hadn't heard much about it at all until my mom said she saw it and liked it

here's a trailer :)
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/movies/trailers/1809257696/1809274622/?http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/mf/frame?theme=minfo&lid=wmv-300-p.1420401-165776,wmv-56-p.1420399-165776,wmv-700-p.1420402-165776,wmv-100-p.1420400-165776,wmv-28-p.1420399-165776&id=1809257696&f=1809257696&mspid=1809274622&type=t

enjoy
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

I agree...
great interaction between the cast members. They play a "weird" but loyal family....
They stick together even through disagreement. and sadness...
Good dialogue, good acting...
NO computer generated special effects, No explosives, No over the top action sequences,
(tom cruise, eat your heart out )
good acting, an amusing story, some interesting twists and turns, very satisfying, at least i thought so.
i give it a thumbs UP and 3 and half stars...
Jmy

and the kicker at the end (I won't spoil it, but Olive's dance routine) had me falling on the floor.......:ph34r:
and when the host asked her "where's Granpa now?" - "Oh he's in the trunk of the car" :)
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

hahaha i LOVED that

i can't honestly remember the last time i was at a movie where the entire theater was laughing out loud - and not for stupid physical comedy (which don't get me wrong those can be great for mindless entertainment as well) but this was just done SO well... i was very impressed... by far this was steve carrell at his finest!!
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

I haven't seen it, but definitely will; likely when it's out on DVD.

i have not been impressed with much of what hollywood has had to offer lately

Same here.[:/] I think it's b/c w/ all the new technology a good story line has been lost. I realize this every time I watch an old favorite movie; like Steel Magnolias or As Good as it Gets and many others.

i know it's been out for a few weeks

No worries. There are a lot of movies 20-years old or more that I've JUST seen for the first time and want to talk about and everyone's all "What? Huh? You're weird.":D

:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I was thinking this thread was about Sunshine doing adults films, damn[:/]

sorry to disappoint ya :)

and micro - you're damn right you will ;)

*bump*

I was going to start a new thread--good thing I did a search.:)

I LOVED this movie! Hee-larious. I bought the DVD when it came out so I'd have something new to watch on my flight home from across the country. I'm so glad I did! It is definitely a keeper.B|

Oh, they were all among a fave-actors list of mine before I saw the movie. But, I knew it would be good.

Kinnear
Carell
Collette

Love them.

And how cute was Olive (Abigail Breslin)?

I was NOT expecting the very hilarious pagent talent portion.:D I saw this for the first time, mind you, in the plane. I have a VERY loud laugh when something is realllly funny.:$

this makes me super excited that you like it!!! now that its out on dvd so many people have said to me oh THATS the movie you were talking about - can't wait to watch it - and they all have loved it so far :) yayyy

i unfortunately didnt receive that one for xmas, because everyone assumed the other person was getting it for me ---sooooo goin out to buy it today :) can't wait!!!

to those that have still not seen it - GO WATCH IT;)