AggieDave

We had a tornado

I grew up in N. Texas and for a time lived in MidWest City, OK, so the tornado thing isn't that new or too exciting for me. However, its fairly rare we have a tornado in this area of central Texas. It wasn't a big one, but it went over a skydiver's office building, through a Kroger's parking lot, took part of the roof off the dry cleaner's I use, right by my wife's office and right down the street where I used to live.

Kind of exciting for this "little" town. I think its been over 10 years since a tornado even formed in this town, although one formed in a neighboring town a few years ago and tore up some houses.

I was in my house and I heard the wind change and thought "oh crap, I know that sound." So I grabbed a few things I knew would be handy and put them in my pockets, checked outside and sure enough, it was tornado winds, but I couldn't see the tornado. So I just went inside and waited. There's nothing you can do, so there's no reason to worry or freak out. What will happen will happen in these cases.

It was small enough and just far enough away (about 1 1/2 miles) that we really didn't receive any damage besides just debre blowing through the yard and stuff.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I live just outside of Chicago. In the spring and fall we are in prime tornado weather.

Around here I never worry about storms until the sky turns green - black skies don't worry me, it's the green ones. When you get a green sky, you KNOW it's time to be on the look out.

Glad all is well.:)
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

Around here I never worry about storms until the sky turns green - black skies don't worry me, it's the green ones. When you get a green sky, you KNOW it's time to be on the look out.

Yep. I have seen the green tint in the clouds around home a few times over the years. Always gives me the creeps, for I know a twister's on the ground nearby.

By the way, the news reported that President Bush and his wife Laura took shelter on their ranch when the tornado warning sounded in their area.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Green sky? I have never heard that before. Any Pics of that. If not, what type of green? Like light green or forest green, or is a pun because the tornado picks of debrif and grass looking green? thanks

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan