jtval

UFC 66

I don't think so. Tito curled up like a baby - in round 1 and round 3. Chuck won it easily. Rampage is probably the only one who can beat Liddell. He has before.

On another note - Cro Cop is going to put a whoop'n on Tim Slyvia. I hope they create the match. He can deliver a leg kick like no other.
Skydive Radio!!!

On another note - Cro Cop is going to put a whoop'n on Tim Slyvia.

I can't wait for that one!!!!

Great fights tonight!!! It was nice not having any of the televised fights go to the judges! :D I do think the Lidell/Ortiz fight could've gone on a little longer, but I doubt it would've changed the outcome. I'm once again impressed by the "Athlete" (quite possibly one of the worst nicknames.) I didn't expect Jardine to win, but wow!!!! I love UFC.

And my stalking of Bisping has been upped a notch.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

yet another bullshit stopaged woohoo lol tito sits up and moves then they stop it nice call dumbasses

far from a BS stoppage, sure Tito may have been alive and kicking, but he wasn't moving, so the ref had no choice, he let it go on for a while because he could see Tito still concious, but eventually it gets to be too much. I wanted Tito to win more than anything, and he actually started to kick out right as the fight was stopped, he would've taken the second round as well and I have a feeling ifit had gone past the third, Chuck wouln't have made it. Tito showed so much skill on his feet, I was thoroughly impressed with his standup game and wanted him to win, I always love watching Tito fight, as Joe and Randy commented after the fight they had just seen the best tito ever in that fight.

And to top it all off, he put on a shirt afterwards that thanked the troops, he's good in my book;). and don't forget, all the people that want to bash Tito, while you're on here he's home with Jenna Jameson:P

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sorry, but got to agree with the shit stoppage. Yes Tito was curled up in a ball- but watch the replay- of all the shots Liddell threw, hehit Tito's arm about 12 times, and hisface/head once maybe twice. And as the ref was stepping in, Tito was rolling out. Who knows, he could have rolled out, opene up and gotten his head knocked off- or he could have rolled out and ket going.
I think th fight wasalot closer to be stopped in the first round. Shit stoppage in the third. Hopefully he'll get another shot.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

I agree completely that it didn't NEED to be stopped, but look at it for a second from the ref's standpoint, Tito wasn't doing anything and all you could see was him getting hit in the head, I didn't see the shots weren't connecting with his face until later when we saw it in slow mo on the replay, I'll bet you thought the same thing when it was going full speed, that Tito was getting pounded, kind of like the second fight with Ken, yeah he stood up right away but while he was on the ground he wasn't doing anything he was just getting hit and laying there, the ref thought he was out and had to do it to save him. I remember the ref looking at Tito a few times and almost jumping in but stepping back when he saw tito's eyes. He only did his job.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I watched it last night.

I was shocked the Forrest got knocked out. It was as good a fight (technically) as I have seen forrest fight.
he wasn't just throwing wild and crazy.

he got rocked by a few hits and went tto sleep.

Ortiz and Chuck.
In the beginning I saw tito stun chuck with a hit(right? I forget but he hit him and stunned him.).

But tito got rocked a few times. the first time hefell I didn't know why he fell until the replay...then it waqs like "DAMMMNNN."

Chuck escaped his one real take down pretty easily.

I gotta say even watching the fight I was hoping tito would come out of it and gas the iceman.
that was his game plan--take Chuck into the late rounds and pound him.
Chuck woundn't have it. Now I am searching for the whole event so I can see the after fight interveiw.

There was a bunch of dumb decisons by the ref's throughout each fight. I believe the tito iceman fight shouldn't have been stopped there but the outcomewould have been the same.

Whoever said the tito and Jenna have something in common.THAT WAS FUCKING GREAT!!!!;)
I bet you've been waiting for this day for month so you could say that.

I'm going to use that comment;)
My photos

My Videos

in case anyone missed it....its here for now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfEg9AsAuSk

WOW YouTube is cracking down...

This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner New Media & Technology Zuffa, LLC because its content was used without permission

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Now I am searching for the whole event so I can see the after fight interveiw.

go to the UFC website, they have all the interviews on video, Tito showed alot of class after the fight

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I just got the whole event and watched the after fight interviews inside the ring(as well asthe post fight interview)

I gotta say I was surprised to see griffin act like a baby. It sucked that he got knocked out, but Itwas embarrassing to see him throw a tantrum.

Tito showed a great amount of respect during both interviews. I still think the ref stopped the fight too early. It would more than likely have been the same result but there sucked.

There was alot of silly decisions that evening.
My photos

My Videos

It would more than likely have been the same result but there sucked.

If it had gone past round three, Tito would have taken it I believe. He was keeping the pace up and his conditioning is far better, not to mention they were trading off rounds and I think the decision would have come down to the final round, which falls back on conditioning. Just my take on it.

Pays to be a runner;)

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I am a fan of both fighter ans I would like to think that tito could have a chance if the ref calledit the way I saw it.

Knowing his game planit is possible thatchuck would have gassed.(he was starting already)

but Chuck ain't no chump either. I would have been happy, either way, if the fight went to a "no controversy" conclusion.

I was saddened(i guess thats aword for it) thatgriffin fell asleep and moreso that he was a spolied brat about his loss.
My photos

My Videos

I'm a fan of both as well, but I was cheering for Tito, I like his charisma, he brings a lot to the game, plus I always vote for the guys that like to take it ot the ground, I'm a grappler as well so I have to support my boys;)

plus i like shit talkers:P
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

yea I think it was obvious who I was cheering for.

I used to think tito was a tit. until I saw season 3of the ultimate fighter.I realized he was actually a good fighter ( I hadn't seen enough ofhim at before that)
and the shit talking was all part of his game.

UFC66 was disappionting to me because I saw Tito and Griffin Lose.

Somehow I will go on:D
My photos

My Videos

He turned a lot of heads in that show, especially whn everyone saw the true colors of Ken, Tito genuinely cared about his fighters, Ken seemed to just do it like it was another gig
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I was glad Ken wasn't portrayed as a saint.

He was always a dick. Always a heartless loser. Always a crybaby.

Everytime I saw him lose he blamed everyone else.
I stopped actively watching UFC sometime after the first few. The TUF season 1 dragged me back into it.
I can only say what I saw in reviews of his old fights but even in Pride he lost and blamed the ref.

Ken was a douche bag who let his whole team down during the show. rememebr during the Ortiz Shamrock II that ALL of ken's guys lost (I think one won) and all of Tito's guys won.

I am glad Ken finally ritired.it wasthe most noble thing he could have done. LOSER.>:(

Damn, I feel better.:D
My photos

My Videos

I was really disappointed in Schafer, as he showed real promise. It looked as if he simply ran out of steam in the first round, like he wasn't really ready for that fight.

As frustrated as I was with Griffin all-around, I was truly impressed with how Jardine took charge of that fight when he saw Griffin stagger. I don't know if I'm just not paying close enough attention most of the time, but it seems to me that quite a few of these fighters don't capitalize on those split-second weaknesses that can mean you get to end the fight on your terms. Jardine didn't hesitate when he saw Griffin's moment of weakness. The better man won that fight, as was evidenced by Griffin's aforementioned tantrum.

I've never been a big fan of Tito's which is partly due to what appeals to others and makes him a fan favorite: his trash talk. GSP proved that you don't have to be a loud-mouthed jackass to be a champion-level fighter. It was quite refreshing to see that humility in Tito at the end of this fight. Maybe it's because he knew he was pressed hard in the toe-to-toe fight, maybe it was because he didn't want to come off like Ken and blame everything and everyone else for his loss. Regardless, it was nice to see Tito take it on the chin and not question what even I think was a bad decision on the ref's part. As I mentioned in another thread, Tito took the same pounding in round 1 and broke free. If you watch the end of round three in slow motion, you can see Tito starting to sit up and roll over to get out of it again when the ref calls it. I don't think for a moment that Tito was helpless and non-responsive. I think he was biding his time and letting Chuck lose more energy on him before pulling out again and taking it to him. I agree with the assessment that Chuck might have lost the endurance game had it gone on much longer. However, Tito had the decency to let the win stand unchallenged, even though non-fans like myself can see that he may have been robbed of the chance to prove he could take what Chuck had and come back twice in the same fight.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.