kevin922

LCD TV Question (connecting to computer)

Okay, another question for you Technobuffs.. I am planning on getting an LCD TV, I had my heart set on the Sharp Aquos 37D90u, which was a 37 inch with DVI input. Turns out sharp has decided to discontinue this TV for unknown reasons... I can get the Sharp Aquos 42 inch for cheaper than the 37D90u was going for, but it doesn't have a DVI port. I'm pretty sure I can interface my computer with the 42 via the S-Video port but wanted to get those in the know's opinion of such a setup.

Basically my computer is in the "office" (a different room from where the tv is going). I'd like to put a wireless keyboard and mouse in the living room with the tv so that I can flip over and be able to get on the internet or whatever from the living room.

Do you think it will be hard to read text, etc via svideo over DVI? Should I find a different tv which has DVI?

Svideo has its advantages when it comes to cost -- much cheaper to do a svideo run than a dvi.

Kevin

I have a 52" DPI that I run through the RBG Input. I also have run it through a digital component(3 wire) with good results. I haven't been happy with the S-video (blurry). This a DPI NOT LCD so it might be different.
Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos

Yep...what he said. HDMI to DVI adapter. it'll get it done.

Okay. I'll do that, yes it does have 2 HDMI. HDMI can carry audio, but there is no way to interface HDMI into a PC right? You have to do the HDMI to DVI conversion so I'll have to run a 1.5 plug as well - correct?

Thanks!

Yep...what he said. HDMI to DVI adapter. it'll get it done.

Okay. I'll do that, yes it does have 2 HDMI. HDMI can carry audio, but there is no way to interface HDMI into a PC right? You have to do the HDMI to DVI conversion so I'll have to run a 1.5 plug as well - correct?
Thanks!

There is no conversion. DVI-D video is the same as HDMI video.

https://www.cablesforless.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=790
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.