cocheese

Teaching a dog to BASE

While watching the dog long jump contest on tv I had an idea.....Hey with a leap of 27 feet, I think they would make good cliff jumpers. ( for rescue purposes of course) Pilot chute assist and a good toss of the dog toy. ...over water...

Am i nuts?

While watching the dog long jump contest on tv I had an idea.....Hey with a leap of 27 feet, I think they would make good cliff jumpers. ( for rescue purposes of course) Pilot chute assist and a good toss of the dog toy. ...over water...

Am i nuts?

In a word...yes.

>>Chicken BASE is way cooler. You just remove your PC from your bridle, and tie it off on the chickens feet. You have to go hand held with the chicken of course, You just jump, take your delay, and pitch the chicken. Well, by this time the chicken is really freaked, and flaps it's wings like made to try and fly away, pulling on your bridle and extracting the canopy for a perfect onheading opening. Plus it's really cool watching under canopy as the chicken get's pulled along, flapping and fluttering like crazy!

I don't know much about training dogs - but I could see a dog being trained to base jump, getting excited when it sees a stupid squirrel or something and jumping off a cliff to it's horrible, horrible death.
I'll give it a try with my mutt. I'll let you know how it goes. He could be a squirrel chasing base jumping mangy mutt. I'm a guiness.
=========Shaun ==========

>>Chicken BASE is way cooler. You just remove your PC from your bridle, and tie it off on the chickens feet. You have to go hand held with the chicken of course, You just jump, take your delay, and pitch the chicken. Well, by this time the chicken is really freaked, and flaps it's wings like made to try and fly away, pulling on your bridle and extracting the canopy for a perfect onheading opening. Plus it's really cool watching under canopy as the chicken get's pulled along, flapping and fluttering like crazy!

Why Sir, you speak as if you have done this...:P
=========Shaun ==========