Ash Dive Shirt

I'm looking for the "Can I be on your Ash Dive" shirt, I saw one at Burnaby Ontario last June.
We've got an Ash Dive coming up at West Point Virginia , the shirt will be a big hit.

"Try not to die---try not to die---try not to die--not to die---not today."
some rock group in the 70's
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

the shirt will be a big hit.

:S

-I know a twisted sense of humor and morbidity is kind of expected in the sport, but don't you think that's a bit over the top?

Maybe you can rethink that idea for the sake of the family? :|

Just a thought.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

or it may be that it truly reflects the spirit of the one their remembering. I've lost friends whose family loved our "dark humor" reverence. It was what they remembered also...
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

exactly....I don't know for sure if the O. P. realizes just what that shirt is supposed to be saying...

Might be a good shirt to wear when you're around all the current,
"i know what I'm doing" and "it ain't gonna happen to me " crowd.....[:/]. ( which sadly seems to be growing each year...),
since I interpret that shirt as being a omen of sorts..
i.e. "Can I be on your (soon to occur, if you DON'T change your ways ) Ash Dive,,,? "

If you are attending a true ash dive,,,, just go out and find a t shirt
with a tuxedo front on the front and a tuxedo back on the back...
or a white shirt and tie....

a bit more classy.....and more respectful of the situation, and of the survivors......

jmy[:/]

If the guy wearing that shirt was my old buddy Angus Smith, I bought that shirt for him from a skydiving dealer in the U.S. and had them mail it to him. I can't remember the name and Google isn't giving me any hints. If I come across some information, I'll let you know.

Great shirt isn't it!! Depending on who the dive is for, I'd wear it. Like, if it was Angus doing my ash dive, I'd be hurt if he didn't wear it!!B|
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I rarely post, but here is my $.02

My little brother, Mark, died in a car wreck last year @ 24 yrs. old. At his funeral we included a life size cut-out of him doing the John Travolta sky-point in a baby blue circa. 1970's bell-bottom tuxedo that he had worn to my sisters formal wedding a couple of years earlier For no other reason than to make her nervous in front of her snooty family-in law.

About half of those in attendance (of the funeral....and probaly the wedding too come to think of it) thought it in poor taste..... However if any of them had REALY known Mark, they would have realized this was a fitting tribute to a great guy who had a warped sense of humor and didn't take life so fucking seriously.

I come from a large family and am the oldest of 7 siblings. We still have a place at the Poker and Scrabble table for Mark. His life-size cardboard cutout along with his ashes occupy one seat. The only thing missing is his full-of-shit stories and his irreverent sense of humor.

My point is: There is no right or wrong way to honor the recently deceased. Simply to do it in a way that that person would have done themselves and to do it from the heart!

Laughter beats crying any day. And if you can do them both at the same time its Awesome!!!!~

“Oh, he occasionally takes an alcoholiday.”

Famous Irish saying...

Well, I searched around on the old computer and found out who I bought the t-shirt from....unfortunately, their website is no longer working.

It was an outfit called Applied Deceleration. They are still listed in the dz.com rigging loft listings so if anybody can tell you anything about them or if they are still in business you may be able to track down a shirt.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Got a "Can I be on your Ash Dive" shirt on the way, long sleeve black. Their web page is a work in progress.
The alternative was going to be a "Grateful Dead" shirt.

All of you are invited on my Ash Dive B|
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

Got a "Can I be on your Ash Dive" shirt on the way, long sleeve black. Their web page is a work in progress.

You're invited to mine, as long as you wear that shirt. :)
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

As many ash dives as I have done they should give me a shirt for free....but I will buy one. Sumbuddy send me a link !

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Cool. How did you get in touch with them? If I'm going to be on your ash dive I must be suitably attired. ;)

I bought a couple of those for friends last year but didn't swoop one for myself and I would like to remedy that situation.

Thanks,
--
Murray

Got two righteous shirts in the mail today---I know your all happy for me B|

You still havent said where you got them from?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?