mlofty

NFL, Who cares? Isn't there something more interesting to do?

OK, I gotta ask

this seems to be a group of reasonably interesting people who think-and-do outside the box.

Am I the only one out there who could not give a shit less about American football? This is not a sport, it's a commercial franchise system that seems to garner $$$ solely from it's perceived commercial worth. Doesn't anybody have something better to do with their time than watch this over hyped, over regulated crappy game?

I mean, on "any given Sunday" I would rather ride my motorcycles with my buddies, who, incidentally feel like I do on this subject) or hang out with my wife and kids. I would rather hike a mountain or climb a desert peak. I would rather take a road trip to some BFE place I've never visited. I would rather pick cactus needles out of my ass than sit through the unimaginative commentary of washed up X-football players on ESPN or network TV. This is the sport of our grandparents....Let it go!

I'm a fun lovin' guy but (outside of the excuse to pound a few beers) I just don't get the appeal.

any comments? Bring 'em on! I know you have an opinion;)

before i even bother to read the retareded replys,...i totally agree. gee...i could sit around and WATCH(!) or...ACTUALLY GO OUT AND LIVE MY LIFE....go figure.

It's a matter of how you're raised. My parents aren't sports fans, so sports were never on the TV as I grew up, so I just don't understand the appeal.

I enjoyed games in high school when I actually knew some of the guys playing, but still didn't care in the slightest who won.

Matt

before i even bother to read the retareded replys,...i totally agree. gee...i could sit around and WATCH(!) or...ACTUALLY GO OUT AND LIVE MY LIFE....go figure.

????? [:/]

as in...get off the couch, go out and DOOOOO something...like active, somwthing that might actually improve your life. hmm.... this sunday, i am going to walk my dogs, fly my ultralight...make dinner at the mother in laws house, and then tell my wife i love her, spend time WITH HER AND NOT THE TV, do some chors, read...a....book, ...INSTEAD OF WATCHING TV! oh, but then again...i have a life. :|

I'm proud to say i can't name one person associated with the NFL. Pathetic? Not really. They don't know my name either.

OJ Simpson. I think he doesn't know my name though...

I have his rookie card. Anyone wanna buy it so I can go to the Dublin boogie?? :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I'm proud to say i can't name one person associated with the NFL. Pathetic? Not really. They don't know my name either.

I have his rookie card. Anyone wanna buy it so I can go to the Dublin boogie?? :D

what is a rookie card ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

what is a rookie card ?

Football trading cards fool ;)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

does that mean you also knew OJ Simpson's name ? :|

Actually I didn't even know him before his arrest.

OJ Simpson was a great football player regardless of what he did or didn't do. Do you want to buy the card or not? This is so going to SC isn't it? :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

The device has yet to be invented that can measure my indifference to sports. I was raised to be a rabid sports fan, but it, like religion and other ritual based things, never took hold. My girlfriend, on the other hand, is a totally different story. She knows more about football than I do, and I played the game as a kid (punter/safety). If it weren't for her, I never see a game.:P
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

OJ Simpson was a great football player regardless of what he did or didn't do. Do you want to buy the card or not? This is so going to SC isn't it? :D

can you please explain me what I would do with a OJ rookie card ?

Another perturbing fact. Later in my life I went to the US for the first time and people were talking about OJ here and OJ there... It was Orange Juice...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I can't stand watching sports on TV or going to a game for that matter. I have gone to games, but it is more to hang out with friends than actually watching the games. Watching sports on TV really baffles me. I find it funny how the first people to be down on reality TV shows are usually sports fans that catch every game that comes across their tube.

as in...get off the couch, go out and DOOOOO something...like active, somwthing that might actually improve your life. hmm.... this sunday, i am going to walk my dogs, fly my ultralight...make dinner at the mother in laws house, and then tell my wife i love her, spend time WITH HER AND NOT THE TV, do some chors, read...a....book, ...INSTEAD OF WATCHING TV! oh, but then again...i have a life.

You oughta have your own TV program, but then, people like you wouldn't be watching it.;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------