BrianSGermain

Brian Germain's Book Subtitle

No subtitle is blue skies thinking and that is now my vote.

Subtitles aren't always necessary and are borrowed from journalism & marketing to sell more. Transcending Fear says it all. Lose copy and keep the cover as clean as possible.

If not: relax, focus, flow

Haven't read any of your books but thanks for all the skydive radio shows.

Sam

:)
but what do I know

My vote is for Relax, Focus and Flow. I think it reflects “Transcending Fear’s” ideas more accurately. According to Princeton University's WorldNet dictionary, battling implies hostility, and I think a lot of people associate a battle with something aggressive that requires less complex thought and more primal instincts, exactly the opposite of what I gather you are trying to teach your readers about reacting to situations that invoke fear. Saying that you are battling the enemy within doesn't help the implication that it is a hostile struggle either. Also, some others have mentioned that transcending and battling are two very different mindsets adopted by anyone trying to overcome an obstacle. Transcending and relaxing (focusing and flowing) seem to complement each other well. Transcending and battling, however, not so much. I think the combination of transcending and battling creates more dissonance than anything. Without a doubt, I think Relax, Focus and Flow does a better job communicating what the reader will find inside the cover, and it will attract the type of reader the book is intended for.

Oh, and thank you very much for your work on "The Parachute and its Pilot." I learned a lot, and I bought a copy for my friend.

-Dennis

My vote is for Relax, Focus and Flow. I think it reflects “Transcending Fear’s” ideas more accurately. According to Princeton University's WorldNet dictionary, battling implies hostility, and I think a lot of people associate a battle with something aggressive that requires less complex thought and more primal instincts, exactly the opposite of what I gather you are trying to teach your readers about reacting to situations that invoke fear. Saying that you are battling the enemy within doesn't help the implication that it is a hostile struggle either. Also, some others have mentioned that transcending and battling are two very different mindsets adopted by anyone trying to overcome an obstacle. Transcending and relaxing (focusing and flowing) seem to complement each other well. Transcending and battling, however, not so much. I think the combination of transcending and battling creates more dissonance than anything. Without a doubt, I think Relax, Focus and Flow does a better job communicating what the reader will find inside the cover, and it will attract the type of reader the book is intended for.

Thankyou, exactly what I think succinctly put.

Still vote for noneoftheabovethough..
but what do I know

I am right there with you.
I have lost my taste for the word battling as well.

I am narrowing it down to five possibilities:

Conquering the Enemy Within

Relax, Focus and Flow

No Subtitle at all

This space for sale

How to avoid messing your shorts
In 10 easy steps...
Instructional Videos:www.AdventureWisdom.com
Keynote Speaking:www.TranscendingFEAR.com
Canopies and Courses:www.BIGAIRSPORTZ.com

Hey, Brian.

After reading through this now sizable thread, I find myself agreeing very much with heissam and the no-subtitle-at-all camp.

I admit that my opinion may be somewhat colored by the fact that I jump and feel inundated with three word mantras (arch, reach, pull...turn, heading, track...main, cutaway, reserve...lather, rinse, repeat).

- Rudi