tetra316

Pd linesets

I just ordered a new lineset for my katana. The lower brake lines came not only preset but tacked into place as well. So I cannot adjust the brake settings unless I take out the sitching. Is this something new they are doing with all their canopies? The lineset I had installed at the begining of the year did not come like this.

For years they have been doing this on their Velocities. I believe they do it to stop people from incorrectly adjusting the lines on their high performance canopies. Its a safety factor. Unfortunately it doesn't fit with everyone's respected sizes and adjustments are sometimes required. However, PD is exempt from incorrect adjustments at that point because they already adjusted their high performance parachute and an incorrect adjustment in the field does not link them to addicents or cause them (in theory).

Do you need to adjust the brake settings? Have you jumped the new line set?

Haven't had a chance to jump it yet. I've lengthened the brake lines on just about every canopy I've jumped so that's why I was curious about this but we'll see. I haven't had hma before either so maybe my lenthening the lines was because they were just shrinking:P

Do you need to adjust the brake settings? Have you jumped the new line set?

Haven't had a chance to jump it yet. I've lengthened the brake lines on just about every canopy I've jumped so that's why I was curious about this but we'll see. I haven't had hma before either so maybe my lenthening the lines was because they were just shrinking:P

My Katana should be on the way with new HMA 650, and I'm sure that I will be unstitching or replacing the lower control lines, if they tacked them down.
The marked position on the original set (not HMA) did not leave enough slack for front riser turns, and the Katana really bucked if the tail was also pulled down.

Were the lines you got round or oval?

My Katana should be on the way with new HMA 650, and I'm sure that I will be unstitching or replacing the lower control lines, if they tacked them down.
The marked position on the original set (not HMA) did not leave enough slack for front riser turns, and the Katana really bucked if the tail was also pulled down.

Were the lines you got round or oval?

Mine = Oval HMA (has two flatter sides if that is what you mean) - and the length has been perfect from the factory - I never have had problems with front risers, yet the toggles start to "work" high enough that no range is lost with extra slack...