GQ_jumper

will jump suits shrink?

I just got a new Tony RW suit, it's the ZP nylon front with spandex back and forearms, just wondering if any of this material is known to shrink in the wash, I don't think the nylon would but maybe someone out there knows something I don't and I can't remember if my last one shrank down a bit when I first put it in the wash.

Thanks everyone
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Nylon and heat don't mix.

Like above use Cold water and for drying, Air only, or hang it up in the shower for a few hours, then in the bed room so you and your SO can marvel at it all night:P.

I have a 10 year old Michigan suit and it only seemed to shrink in the ass:).

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I'll agree that air drying after washing is the only way to go. However,

I have a 10 year old Michigan suit and it only seemed to shrink in the ass

Hmm, my 8 year old bev suit shrinks in the ass and around my middle.:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Are you guys all sure its the fabric;)

Actually I just got my new pit and it's cut just the slightest bit too big and i was wondering if a wash might solve the issue.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Why don't you just have it taken in? You could ask that the extra fabric be maintained where possible, just in case the mid-section or ass of the suit should accidentally "shrink" at some point in the future.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'll agree that air drying after washing is the only way to go. However,

I have a 10 year old Michigan suit and it only seemed to shrink in the ass

Hmm, my 8 year old bev suit shrinks in the ass and around my middle.:D

HMMM...my freefly pants got bigger:P:P
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Why don't you just have it taken in? You could ask that the extra fabric be maintained where possible, just in case the mid-section or ass of the suit should accidentally "shrink" at some point in the future.

Actually the jumpsuit fits just about perfect all the way to about chest level, from the chest down its great, from chest up it's slightly large, there's a little too much slack around the biceps and the grips are really loose there and it's a touch baggy under the armpits and the arms are a little too long and the forearms slightly too big. I've been losing a lot of weight lately and that might have had something to do with it, chances are I'm never going to top 200 again so I'll probably just send it in. I'll fly it in the tunnel tonight though to check it out.

How's that Pilot workin out for ya BTW?

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Actually the jumpsuit fits just about perfect all the way to about chest level, from the chest down its great, from chest up it's slightly large, there's a little too much slack around the biceps and the grips are really loose there and it's a touch baggy under the armpits and the arms are a little too long and the forearms slightly too big. I've been losing a lot of weight lately and that might have had something to do with it,

Well then it is obvious that you need to work out more.:P

In all seriousness, i have not ever had a jumpsuit shrink up. It may fit just a little tighter after washing, but it quickly goes back to original fit.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

How's that Pilot workin out for ya BTW?

Lovin' it ... B| (though I realized during a sunset load that might have been a wee bit on the late side that there are times when it's not good to have a black canopy ...:S).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Mine seems to shrink in the crotchal region everytime a group of college girls show up to do tandems;)

You should be a tandem master. *Don't worry madam, that is just the 5th attachment. ;);):)
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P