LisaM

Procrastination

For those of you procrastinators, why do you do it?

I just tell myself you got plenty of time. Then I curl up on the couch for a 3 hour nap. I could have had this project done 3 weeks ago. Now I am gonna end up rushing to finish it!

[:/]

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I just tell myself you got plenty of time. Then I curl up on the couch for a 3 hour nap. I could have had this project done 3 weeks ago. Now I am gonna end up rushing to finish it!

I just find it hard to get around to not procrastinating

Edit to add: back away from dz.com... remember the project :)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

But LisaH just encouraged me to have a drink! Woops!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

But LisaH just encouraged me to have a drink! Woops!

Drinking and projects go well together, she right to encourage you :)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I'm extrinsicly motivated, so a looming dealine is needed by me, I do my very best work under pressure.

I think this is also how I work best. So if I give myself too long of a deadline, I save it for the last minute. Why can't I just give shorter deadlines then. Then I think "I can't get it done that fast; something will come up!"

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I'm extrinsicly motivated, so a looming dealine is needed by me, I do my very best work under pressure.

I think this is also how I work best. So if I give myself too long of a deadline, I save it for the last minute. Why can't I just give shorter deadlines then. Then I think "I can't get it done that fast; something will come up!"

What happens for me and probably for you is, even though you are not actively working on the project you are passively work shit out in your head, if you make you dealine too short you robb yourself of the time you use to sort crap out:)
I do it alot, a get a job/project/assignment...but dont "ACTIVELY" start work on it until a couple of days before it's due (size dependant of course). But when i sit down to do it I mostly have it all in my head already:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

For many years, I have been the master procrastinator in regards to paperwork...I HATE IT WITH A PASSION! However now that I have a financial benefit to me staying on top of it, I put a few hours aside each Friday to sit in my office and just GET IT DONE, submit, and stay on top of it. I'm better with time management these days..I love the variety of my job...out and about seeing prospects and a little office time at the end of each day and catching my manager up on my schedule and next steps...good stuffB|

What happens for me and probably for you is, even though you are not actively working on the project you are passively work shit out in your head, if you make you dealine too short you robb yourself of the time you use to sort crap out:)
I do it alot, a get a job/project/assignment...but dont "ACTIVELY" start work on it until a couple of days before it's due (size dependant of course). But when i sit down to do it I mostly have it all in my head already:)

That's it! You're a genius! Me too!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?