airtwardo

Houston Jails SUCK!

I told him to open a phone book, there are 3 of 'us' listed, might not there be reasonable doubt that since NOTHING matched except the name

You could have shown him one of your obituaries:S

Now THAT'S funny right there, I don't care WHO ya are!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I wish...that would have made for a better story!

Actually I got stopped on the way home form my son's BD party/dinner...a 5 year old traffic warrant for running a stop sign, in a part of Houston I've NEVER been to, in a car I've never been in, my SSN and Lic # didn't match the warrant...but with 'a name like yours' it just HAD to be me! :S:o>:(

Gotta LOVE the justice system! B|

Is there grounds for suit for false arrest?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Actually I got stopped on the way home form my son's BD party/dinner...a 5 year old traffic warrant for running a stop sign, in a part of Houston I've NEVER been to, in a car I've never been in, my SSN and Lic # didn't match the warrant...but with 'a name like yours' it just HAD to be me! :S:o>:(

Probably is...but to what gain?

I would lose more $ taking the time to dick around with it that I would make "if" I won a judgement, and if I learned anything this weekend...it's that there IS no justice in the system! :|

Probably is...but to what gain?

I would lose more $ taking the time to dick around with it that I would make "if" I won a judgement, and if I learned anything this weekend...it's that there IS no justice in the system! :|

Right. But with the right attourney . . . . . . you can get some of those tax dollars back. Personally I'd do a nice interview with a nice media sorce . . or as many as I could find that would hear my story. In the wake of what happened with that guy falsely accused of rape and all - I'd bet that some organization would take your case and all you have to give up is the 30- 50%.. I mean - hell - what else do you have to do? Post?:ph34r:

Maybe you should try the ACLU . . . that was a civil liberty after all - but I don't know if you fit any of the other requirements.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Right. But with the right attourney . . . . . . you can get some of those tax dollars back. Personally I'd do a nice interview with a nice media sorce . . or as many as I could find that would hear my story. In the wake of what happened with that guy falsely accused of rape and all - I'd bet that some organization would take your case and all you have to give up is the 30- 50%.. I mean - hell - what else do you have to do? Post?

Unfortunately, traffic cases aren't treated like a common criminal and finding a good attorney willing to handle such a case is more difficult than you can imagine. I should know. I've been working on a similar case for 2 months now. Which the root of the case is not paying a non-moving vialation on time. Yet, the court system seems to go out of the way to make what should be a simple case as difficult as possible. [:/]
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Just accept your a criminal dude.. As for the Atlanta jail, it fucking sucks. While you were in the Texas jail did you let them know their village idiot is roaming around DC somewhere
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Maybe you should try the ACLU . . . that was a civil liberty after all - but I don't know if you fit any of the other requirements.

Middle class, middle age, white guys.. need not apply?! ;)

I did make a call to a friend this morning, I was told:

'simple error, no malicious intent'

and ...

What do ya wanna spend to make a point?!

Case closed...I'm wiser, and skinny-er, and have a 2 day jump on my stop smoking plan!

What do ya wanna spend to make a point?!

Case closed...I'm wiser, and skinny-er, and have a 2 day jump on my stop smoking plan!

I would still go to the local papers, news, anything humanly possible that I could do to make them as unhappy as they made you.:|

As I get it . . . your name was wrong, your social was wrong, your car was wrong, there should have been a more thourough check done at the "Scene"

Actually, name was correct down to the middle initial.

Yep...which IS the weird part, and from what I understand, would be 'their' point of contention would I pursue any type of civil action...again, simple human error not malicious conduct on the part of "DA MAN"!

So F'n WHAT!!!?

. . . 5 year old traffic warrant for running a stop sign, in a part of Houston I've NEVER been to, in a car I've never been in, my SSN and Lic # didn't match the warrant...

So F'n WHAT!!!?

. . . 5 year old traffic warrant for running a stop sign, in a part of Houston I've NEVER been to, in a car I've never been in, my SSN and Lic # didn't match the warrant...

oh and I forgot to mention...WRONG STATE on the drivers license to begin with! :|:$

Ticket / FTA warrants were to a TEXAS DPS issued operators license....

I hold a current & valid license from the land of fruits and nuts on the left coast! :S

So F'n WHAT!!!?

oh and I forgot to mention...WRONG STATE on the drivers license to begin with! :|:$

Ticket / FTA warrants were to a TEXAS DPS issued operators license....

I hold a current & valid license from the land of fruits and nuts on the left coast! :S

Maybe you can just get them for Gross Stupidity.

Hey is 'Felony Asshole' a real documented cause for civil action? :$

...I was also told, you must first get permission from the state in order to actually be able to SUE the state! :S:o

Hey is 'Felony Asshole' a real documented cause for civil action? :$

...I was also told, you must first get permission from the state in order to actually be able to SUE the state! :S:o

HUH?

No - can't be - I say we go make a citizen's arrest on the cop that couldn't figure out that you were not the guy. Charge: Breathing to much of the air that could help humans live.

I say we go make a citizen's arrest on the cop that couldn't figure out that you were not the guy. Charge: Breathing to much of the air that could help humans live.

All in all...I can't really complain about the copperdude...

He was 'professional' and was 'in his eyes' doing his job.[:/]

I tried to reason with him, but as he said...if it IS you and I let you skate, I'm in trouble for NOT making the arrest...which I honestly do understand. :)

My point is that he wasn't given any leeway to make a judgement call, at least in his eyes, or that there isn't an effective 'back up double check just in case thingie' ...and that once in the system you're guilty until proven otherwise...and being treated like a 'hardened criminal' for a petty offence, real or not, was an eye opening experience that I wouldn't recommend to ANYONE! :S

I say we go make a citizen's arrest on the cop that couldn't figure out that you were not the guy. Charge: Breathing to much of the air that could help humans live.

All in all...I can't really complain about the copperdude...

He was 'professional' and was 'in his eyes' doing his job.[:/]

I tried to reason with him, but as he said...if it IS you and I let you skate, I'm in trouble for NOT making the arrest...which I honestly do understand. :)

My point is that he wasn't given any leeway to make a judgement call, at least in his eyes, or that there isn't an effective 'back up double check just in case thingie' ...and that once in the system you're guilty until proven otherwise...and being treated like a 'hardened criminal' for a petty offence, real or not, was an eye opening experience that I wouldn't recommend to ANYONE! :S

A T T I C A , AT T I C A , AT T I C A ...!:P

The Pessimist says: "It can't possibly get any worse!"
The Optimist says: "Sure it can!"