ACMESkydiver

So What Name Do They Put on a Royal's Military Uniform??

I'm not sure Brit uniform have the wearers name on them like the yank ones do. Most Aussie uniforms didnt (at least when i was in the NAVY)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm not sure Brit uniform have the wearers name on them like the yank ones do. Most Aussie uniforms didnt (at least when i was in the NAVY)

There's your problem rot thar....how the hell do you tell each other apart without names on the uniforms?! :|

Damn I remember standing in front of a platoon of 125, and laughing because we *all* looked the same...men...women...everyone looked the damn same from 25 paces. :|

:D:D
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

There's your problem rot thar....how the hell do you tell each other apart without names on the uniforms?! :|

You not an induviual you are a Soldier/Sailor

YOU Private YES YOU STAND STILL LADDY:D:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You not an induviual you are a Soldier/Sailor

YOU Private YES YOU STAND STILL LADDY:D:D:D:D:D

Yeah yeah...all soldiers...well, community showers is where I draw the line. :|
~Jaye

Yes yes....but WHAT IS THE ANSWER?!?!

Come on, for the love! There's got to be a Brit around here somewhere. And we all know that your little country is so small that you all know each other...and you've all met the royal family, so you must have SEEN one of these boogers in uniform, so SOMEBODY over there MUST know the answer to my QUESTION!!!!

Come on now...don't feel bad, Brits!

(I think they're avoiding the question because they're feeling bad about knowing they exist only to provide American film makers with actors that have accents for our old-timey movies...[:/])

Sh*t, we didn't even use a Brit for the lead in 'Robin Hood!' :o:D:D:D Better look for some other way to provide entertainment for us, UK...:|

PS...scenery backdrop for Fergie's music video for 'London Bridge' does NOT count. :|
~Jaye

Come on, for the love! There's got to be a Brit around here somewhere.

Ummmm.... it's 12:15am over there, and a Monday too. They're sleeping. All of them, tucked into their lil beds (with their lil pikey loves) :P:ph34r: Dreamin lil dreams about spotted dick and blood pudding.... *sigh* shhhhh. Don't wake the sweet things.

:D:D:D:D:D

I finally got a REAL answer from a Brit via PM:

Hi,

Prince Harry is known as Cornet Wales. Cornet is what they call a 2nd Lt in his regiment - they don't have Sgts either - they have Corporal of Horse.

Thank you! :)
~Jaye

As far as the army is concerned he is Cornet Wales. (I assume you are talking about Prince Harry). Cornet = Second Lieutenant in the Blues and Royals regiment.

Points if you can pronounce Lieutenant properly:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

:D:D:D:D:D

but.... I tried to find the answer for you too. Seems that on all the pictures of him in uniform on line, he doens't have his name visible - as stated above, it just might be they don't put names on the uniforms. When one of the Brits manages to rise and shine, you might get a better answer :D

As far as the army is concerned he is Cornet Wales. (I assume you are talking about Prince Harry). Cornet = Second Lieutenant in the Blues and Royals regiment.

Luft-ten-ant :D:D

Well? :| WTH do they have for a last name? :|

'Prince'?
'Henry'?
'Chuckles'?
'Dude'?
'His Highness'?
'Windsor-welp'?
'of Wales'?

WTF?

Google is no help, and this is pissing me off. :|

I recall reading a news article saying while he was at Sandhurst Academy, they referred to him as "Officer Candidate/Cadet Wales."

If logic applies here (and I never assume it will in any country's armed forces), I'd wager he's properly addressed as "Lieutenant Wales" or "Sir," "Mister" by superior Officers.

UK Veterans care to chime in?

[/Capt in the USAF]
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

I pronounce 'Lieutenant' the right way. The 'merican way. It's "loo TEN (upside-down 'e' symbol I can't find)nt". B|:D

It's a french word, literally translated to "Place Holder". I never liked being addressed by the use of french words.

Now then...since we have someone that 'knows' on the thread...

How would military officers junior to him and senior to him (any royal, Harry was just an example) address him in AND out of uniform? Do they salute when in uniform and then do the bow-thing when not? How does that work?

Do senior military officers ever recognize his royal status or is he only referred to by his military rank at all times by military officers?

This whole 'royal' thing is just far too confusing to a person from a country that was born WITHOUT a monarchy in place...:ph34r:
~Jaye

I'd guess he's "Lieutenant" or "Sir" to subordinates who are in the military, "Mister" or "Lieutenant" to superior Officers, "Harry" to his friends, and "Your Highness" to Brit civilians/non mil foreigners.

I pronounce 'Lieutenant' the right way. The 'merican way. It's "loo TEN (upside-down 'e' symbol I can't find)nt".

and that is the right way to say it....:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I'd guess he's "Lieutenant" or "Sir" to subordinates who are in the military, "Mister" or "Lieutenant" to superior Officers, "Harry" to his friends, and "Your Highness" to Brit civilians/non mil foreigners.

"Hey Harry! What's up, sport?" to me. -I can do that. I'm a redhead. It's a kinship that surpasses country and title in all lands of the world. :ph34r:
~Jaye

I like any country who puts the silhouette of a kangaroo on fighter jets...:)

How would military officers junior to him and senior to him (any royal, Harry was just an example) address him in AND out of uniform? Do they salute when in uniform and then do the bow-thing when not? How does that work?

When in uniform I'd imagine rank to be the only consideration. When out of uniform I'd be very, very surprised if many people bothered with bowing and scraping and 'highness'-ing. I know for damn sure i wouldn't;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?