MikeFB2764

Gone phishing!! WARNING!

Just wanted to let all of you know or rather warn you of a potential phishing scam. What makes this one noteworthy is that it potentially involved a dz.com member.

The scenario is this... I received and Yahoo IM from a dz.com member and this IM contained a link. When clicking on the link, it took me to a bogus Yahoo login page asking for a user name a password. While the page was a great looking "knock off" it was totally fake! Entering a user name and password would basically give someone your yahoo credentials.

I am reluctant to give out the name just yet. I think it only fair to do a little investigating first.

The bottom line is, if you get an IM with a link from a dz.com member, be careful!

PM me if you want more information.

-Mike

I like the idea of playing with it...when you have nothing else to do, play around putting in false IDs and PWs.
It gives the hacker something to do chasing fakes instead of creating new hacks.
>:(
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

don't forget Virus' can do this sort of thing as well.

i had an MSN contact that, whenever they came online the virus automatically sent me an IM, (presumably it sent one to all her online contacts) and the IM contained a link.

that was ages ago.

i told her about it and she said 'oh yeah, it always does that'

so i told her to go here: http://housecall.trendmicro.com
The only thing stopping you is all the people that want to stop you!

My computer is behaving badly, too...keeps shutting off and restarting. I bought some software, and it helped for about 2 minutes. So I'm now running the trendmicro stuff to see what it can find.

Thanks for the link, MortalWombat. Hopefully, it will help. And no, the phishing mentioned wasn't from me; I don't use any IM services.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~