kbordson

Sex or Walk

:o:o{ BOWING } GOD BLESS YOU!:) KBord!;) Very cool! Don't know why I was that surprised, with you making your rounds still, etc. even on the crutches. After all, the last time we chatted, about that, I knew how personally and seriously you perceived your patients!:)God Bless you! yet Again, But don't forget to take care of YOURSELF TOO! ;):)And thanks for understanding the "rant" Didn't mean to Hi-Jack your Very Cool poll & thread!;):)
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

Have you ever tried the "Chicago style" crutches.
I think that's what they're called. The short ones with the aluminum cuffs/forearm brace that hold them on your wrist and a horizontal cushioned hand grip?
Wish I would've known about them when I was recovering from a severed Achilles tendon.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

I know things are better now after the surgery... but from her perspective - she gets to take home a beautiful lil babe .... so there are silver linings with both case. But the question was more which of the restrictions would be more annoying?

-Having to be dependant? Crutches pressing on the inner aspect of the upper arm? Muscle wasting in the non weight bearing leg? People looking at you with pity (when really there is no need for pity... they're just crutches)

or

-Having to give up intercourse?

(guess that kinda shows my bias)

I spent almost 15 months (05 94/08 95) recovering from a badly broken rt tib fib the first month flat on my back (spiral six places compound missing pieces racing motorcycles). www.n3racing.comB|

I'd have cuddled the whole time to avoid the misery of that.

CRUTCHES SUCK!!!!>:(:P

I could walk on them without my legs for 20 yards when I finally gave them up 4 sets of tips too:)
John Fosgate
"In the end, its always best to choose the hard right over the easy wrong." LouDiamond
MB 4310
www.N3Racing.com

I'll qualify it by saying there was so much soft tissue damage there was a question as to weather or not I would get things back at all. It was 2 years before the foot "felt" close to normal, to this day I'm still grateful I walk at let alone I don't limp. The first 6 months the circulation below the impact point was so poor that little to no healing took place (I have a GREAT ortho who doesn't give me crap about my hobbies just straight answers and no BS!!) my favorite statement from him is "let pain be you guide" when it comes to PT. I still have the inflatable pump up cam walker
John Fosgate
"In the end, its always best to choose the hard right over the easy wrong." LouDiamond
MB 4310
www.N3Racing.com

Question to kbordson. Typically how long is the typical length of time that it takes for a women to heal (max+min)? Also, are stitches needed for tearing of the perinium or is it only if levator ani or pelvic fascia are torn?

Question to kbordson. Typically how long is the typical length of time that it takes for a women to heal (max+min)? Also, are stitches needed for tearing of the perinium or is it only if levator ani or pelvic fascia are torn?

Healing really depends on A LOT of factors. (size of the babe, size of the pelvis, lenght of time pushing, tissue edema, ect) But generally 1-2wks for most to heal the "skid marks" that some women get. If it's an episiotomy or laceration that needed to be repaired then it takes about 3-4w to "feel better". I repair the tissue if the tissue is torn down to the subcutaneous tissue or deeper or if there is significant bleeding. If it's just the "skid marks" or abrasions/minor lacerations of the skin of the perineum or periuretheral areas, I would not stitch it.

[end hijack]

It's hard to believe that this has been 40/60 for so long. I thought for sure that one of the choices would be more prefered.

:D:D:D:D it is, just not by a large proportion:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

After 9 weeks of using them, I am so happy to be off of the crutches. I even went to the DZ yesterday and ended up packing. I would gladly be in cuddle mode for 6 weeks instead of being on crutches. Inconvenience doesn't capture how much crutches suck. I was able to adjust how I did things, but always having to think about doing the simplest of things like carrying your food from the kitchen to the couch can become an ordeal. Yes, I'll have some cheese to go with my whine.

Now just 2 more months before I can jump again.[:/]
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Wow... those crutches really aren't that expensive! (but that would be a NO on the walker.... geees... I'm not that old!!)

And for the record, I didn't limit my patient from... ahhhhh..... other forms of satisfaction, just nothing in the vagina

Wow... those crutches really aren't that expensive!

I know of one hospital that only dispenses the Loftstrand crutches instead of axillary ones. Seems to work just fine.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon