Michele

Falafel

Goodness, this stuff is great! I just made some from a mix I got in the market. Modified the recipe (i.e didn't deep fry it...), and am feasting at the moment. Good grief, this stuff is yummy. I'm going to have to get more of the mix, 'cause it's easy, nutritous, and delicious. Especially stuffed into a pita bread with cucumbers and lettuce and onion. Yummy!

Anyone have any other recipes for falafel? I'd love to experiment a bit with this.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Like I said, Jeanne, if it's not deep fried, it's not that bad at all. Just checked the package - 1 serving is about 4.5 grams fat...and that's not too bad at all. Carbs are kinda high, but still...not too bad at all.

Squeak, I don't like hummus, but I do like tabouli...hrm. Maybe I need to make some of that next time.

Ciels-
Michele

Now that I am not throwing up everything I ate for like 3 weeks other than chicken noodle soup or chicken and dumplings..... I am on a dead animal parts diet.. had crab tonight.. shrimp last night.. and a nice thick juicy rib eye on Friday.... mmmmm the PETA Diet....

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals.

Definitely no need to deep fry it, although pan frying in a bit of butter/margarine is really good. I find it a little strong by itself. I have 'diluted' it with wheat germ or other dry fake burger mixes to reduce its strength.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I like it strong - lots of garlic and whatever other spices are there. I sort of "dilute" it with the pita and greens, you know? 'Course, then I go and add onions to it, also...so the dilution doesn't work. Besides, I don't have any wheat germ.

Ciels-
Michele

Just had some lentil and celery soup and that would have been perfect...

I made that last week - it was good, especially because it was rainy and chilly. But this week, I think I'll make some ground beef with jalapenos and garlic; that's great for a "taco" salad and/or mixed into some spicy rice. My school schedule means that I can cook one day before it starts (Tues-Thurs, about 20 hours class room), so I try to make something I can easily and quickly heat up and that's fairly nutritous.

So the ground beef mixer is just about perfect for this week. 'Cause falafel does NOT keep well...;)

Ciels-
Michele

Stuffed grape leaves? Yummy, as long as they're not too oily. I've never made them, but might just have to give it a try someday. Every time I've had them, I admit I've loved them (again, as long as they're not too oily).

Stuffed cabbage is yummy, too. And stuffed bell peppers.

Ciels-
Michele

Stuffed grape leaves? Yummy, as long as they're not too oily. I've never made them, but might just have to give it a try someday. Every time I've had them, I admit I've loved them (again, as long as they're not too oily).

Stuffed cabbage is yummy, too. And stuffed bell peppers.

Ciels-
Michele

DOMATIES:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Ya know, eggplant is not a fun food. No matter how you slice, dice, or spice it, it's a scary plant...and not one I like. My mom used to make stuff with eggplant, and I'd just not like it. I'd eat "around" it, you know? LOL.

And yes, Squeak - dolmathes. There's a great restaurant here in LA called "The Great Greek", and it's a feast. Live music, dancing, the occasional plate throwing, and incredible food...

See, now I'm gonna have to find someone to take me there...I've got a craving for their lemon lamb kabobs...and their dolmanthes. Sigh...

Ciels-
Michele

Hmmm there used to be a Greek restaurant about 3 blocks south of Beverly Center on La Cienega that I put a point of sale system in.. DURING.... the riots... what fun.. Got to break plates.. dance.. and eat WAY too much food that week...