karenmeal

Iowa, Wisconsin, Colorado or Washington??

Why isn't this about the best school, and the best school only?

Well, actually it is about the best schools. Iowa and Wisconsin are tied for the number one spot in speech language pathology. (My field.) University of Washington (my current school) is right behind those two at number 3. Western Washington and U of Colorado are also both very good schools that would definitely be able to satisfy my scholastic needs. Besides, I don't think I would make a post on here asking a bunch of random skydivers to rate the quality of various graduate schools in speech language pathology. :P

Wherever I move to, my boyfriend will be coming along with me. (Sorry Steve.:P) So in my decision of where I ultimately go to grad school, I will also need to consider his needs. He is quite flexible about where we move, but it would be selfish of me to take advantage of that. I wouldn't move him to someplace like Iowa unless there was someplace for him to skydive and/or I got a good scholarship.

Anyways..

Just found out today.. no scholarship from Wisconsin. Definitely can't afford 25 k in tuition per year there.. so that is out of the running.

Now.. Iowa, Colorado or Washington?

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Wherever I move to, my boyfriend will be coming along with me. (Sorry Steve. :P)

D'oh ... obviously my charm (or lack thereof) on Karen hasn't worked.

So in my decision of where I ultimately go to grad school, I will also need to consider his needs. He is quite flexible about where we move, but it would be selfish of me to take advantage of that. I wouldn't move him to someplace like Iowa unless there was someplace for him to skydive and/or I got a good scholarship.

I see Colorado in Karen's future. Otter DZ, large tandem business, swoop pond and a wind tunnel within an hours drive. Then again she could always stay in the Snohomish area.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I didn't read all of the posts yet, but Colorado is the ONLY way to go. Moved here 6 years ago from Ohio and couldn't be happier. Mile-High in Longmont is VERY close to Boulder. We've got a King Air, Otter, and one of those little single-prop jobbies.

boulder is full of hippies and your tye-dye would fit right in. Outdoor activities are limitless and the weather freakin rocks. Over 300 Blue-Sky days a year. 'Nuff said? If you have questions, feel free to ask.
I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

Swweeeeet! Hope to see you at the DZ soon.

chester

Chester-the-Molester how are you bro? I miss you all in CO. We were getting some nice Colorado like Spring weather here in Cowtown Oilberta a few days ago. But today it's freaking snowing cats and dogs and one wonders when I'll ever get airborne. Later dude ...

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I didn't read all of the posts yet, but Colorado is the ONLY way to go. Moved here 6 years ago from Ohio and couldn't be happier. Mile-High in Longmont is VERY close to Boulder. We've got a King Air, Otter, and one of those little single-prop jobbies.

boulder is full of hippies and your tye-dye would fit right in. Outdoor activities are limitless and the weather freakin rocks. Over 300 Blue-Sky days a year. 'Nuff said? If you have questions, feel free to ask.

I moved here from Ohio as well, but just under a year ago....
CO is the way to go!!
plus, karen, you can get cool photo tickets that dont cost you much or points on your record!
I really wouldnt reccommend any other choice!

Why isn't this about the best school, and the best school only?

Well, actually it is about the best schools. Iowa and Wisconsin are tied for the number one spot in speech language pathology. (My field.) University of Washington (my current school) is right behind those two at number 3. Western Washington and U of Colorado are also both very good schools that would definitely be able to satisfy my scholastic needs.

Now.. Iowa, Colorado or Washington?

then the priority is simple - Iowa, then Washington, then Colorado.

1 - all of them have decent quality of life - once all the ignorant cliche remarks are removed
2 - all of them have jobs and places to skydive

If it was PURELY quality of life, I have a hard time placing anything in front of the Denver area. But that would be last priority in a very long list of considerations.

Seems you are really just waiting to see how the scholarship situation evolves. Ability to leave grad school with the minimum of debt is very high on my personal list.

Sorry about the Wisconsin scholarship falling off the board, I hope you get offers from all 3 of the remaining ones so you can take the best school possible.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Whaadddddup Steve?! Great to hear from you. We miss ya here, too. Sorry to hear about the abrupt end to your spring-like weather.

We're stuck in some kind of 70 degree weirdness with no wind and all the snow's melted now.

...and of course the dz's on winter hours...

BUT it's not snowing!! B|

Get back down here this summer!! Can't you hear the pond screamin at you from there??!!
I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...