grue

So I think I picked my next "daily driver" car. What colour should I get? *PIC*

http://spiceweasel.net/polo-colours.jpg

I know it's ugly, and I know I absolutely hate Volkswagen, but it fits my requirements:

Small
Hatchback
Power locks/windows
AC
Cruise control
Good fuel economy (about 60mpg highway, in this case)
Decent interior
Not stupidly expensive

So what colour? I'm leaning towards blue, silver, or white in that order.
cavete terrae.

You going for show or practicality in color?

For show; Black.

For practicality; White.

BTW, hate to burst your bubble, but no way in hell that car is getting 60 mpg. Maybe 60 kilometers per gallon, but certainly not MILES per gallon.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Hi Ho SILVER ! Silver & Champagne always best colors for Vehicles & easiest to maintain!
Black is nice, but Impossible to keep clean, 2 seconds after you washed it, it shows dust!
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

It's small, it weighs 2,600lbs and has a diesel powerplant. Trust me, if it doesn't get the full 60ish, it'll get closer than anything sold in the US. This isn't one of those "you have to drive it unrealistically" hybrid tardmobiles. All the power is very low in the rev range, and it's geared to be smack on the most efficient part of the powerband at 110km/h.
cavete terrae.

Rabbit is a Golf, which is quite a bit larger and way heavier. That's similar to the car, but not quite the same. That's the 1.4, we've got the 1.9 here. I don't know if it'll ever go to the US. The 1.4 does about 60MPG -combined- average, and about 70 on the highway. The 1.9 does 60 -highway-, and about 50 combined.
cavete terrae.

79 hp at 2,600 lbs . . . ok . . . uh . . . get the white.

Don't just look at horsepower figures. THat's so... American :D

Look at the torque figures. Torque moves cars, horsepower sells them.
cavete terrae.

Hi Ho SILVER ! Silver & Champagne always best colors for Vehicles & easiest to maintain!
Black is nice, but Impossible to keep clean, 2 seconds after you washed it, it shows dust!

Yeah, I had a black car before, and made up a very very very politically incorrect joke about it. In any case, not only it is hard to keep clean, but it shows paint damage better than any other colour. On the other hand, silver is pretty much no-effort to keep clean, but it's a total soulless conformist colour. :S
cavete terrae.

I dunno. My boss' daily driver is pretty shiney and the detail guy only drops by once a week. ;)
quade -

Yeah, I had a black car before, and made up a very very very politically incorrect joke about it. In any case, not only it is hard to keep clean, but it shows paint damage better than any other colour. On the other hand, silver is pretty much no-effort to keep clean, but it's a total soulless conformist colour.

:D:D:DB| TRUE! LMAO But it's purtty & easy to keep clean & even hides any tiny 'dings' it may receive over time! The only drawback with silver paint is it's one of the most difficult to 'Match' if it ever needed a paint touch-up! :)

I dunno. My boss' daily driver is pretty shiney and the detail guy only drops by once a week.

Schweeet! :)

Yeah, I had a black car before, and made up a very very very politically incorrect joke about it. In any case, not only it is hard to keep clean, but it shows paint damage better than any other colour. On the other hand, silver is pretty much no-effort to keep clean, but it's a total soulless conformist colour.

:D:D:DB| TRUE! LMAO But it's purtty & easy to keep clean & even hides any tiny 'dings' it may receive over time! The only drawback with silver paint is it's one of the most difficult to 'Match' if it ever needed a paint touch-up! :)

Yup silver and red are the two hardest to match.
cavete terrae.

Get the Red one and Get the Red Hyosung, when they are near each other in the garage, it will look like the VeeDub, shit a little bike out:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Get the Red one and Get the Red Hyosung, when they are near each other in the garage, it will look like the VeeDub, shit a little bike out:D:D:D

:D:D:D:D I think I'm gonna end up putting the bike on hold until spring, but that'd be pretty funny
cavete terrae.

I dunno. My boss' daily driver is pretty shiney and the detail guy only drops by once a week.

Schweeet! :)

Well, considering my boss is Barry Meguiar . . . I'm guessing it's one of the products with his family name on it.

If you need some tips on washing and waxing . . . go here.
quade -

Ahh! So I'm not out of the times, meguiar's has always been my preference! Must have made some more improvements, since I last owned a black vehicle! Thank'sB|B|

HOLY SHIT!!! :o:o:)B|
Thanks Again Bro, Going to buy me some o' that shit Today! You are the man! (I still vote for Silver though!):D
Course if you get the silver... I'm still gonna break yer Balls & call you a 'sell out':P:D:D:P

Silver, of course.

Red will fade early
Black will show every speck of dust and the smallest scratches.
Blue is a little better than black but not much.
White is vanilla but doesn't show the small scratches so much

Who am I kidding? this is Grue and he'll go for the Pimp Red.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239