TrophyHusband

math geniuses unite

i'm a little nervous about it. for the most part math comes easy to me, but i've had some very smart math-minded people tell me that calc I was tough.

How much do you cover in calc I?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

i'm a little nervous about it. for the most part math comes easy to me, but i've had some very smart math-minded people tell me that calc I was tough.

I thought Calc I was much easier than Pre-Calc. Calc II was a little bit more challenging, and also where most of the stuff you learn in Pre-Calc is applied. Calc III seemed to be the easiest of the sequence, IMO.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

i don't have to do calc II or III, but i should just to enhance my hobby of theoretical physics. there are a lot of concepts that even when dumbed down for the layman, i just can't understand without knowing the math behind them. by the way, what's your take on the problem in post #22?

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

i don't have to do calc II or III, but i should just to enhance my hobby of theoretical physics. there are a lot of concepts that even when dumbed down for the layman, i just can't understand without knowing the math behind them. by the way, what's your take on the problem in post #22?

If you want to study theoretical Physics, even for fun, I would recommend Differential Equations.

Regarding the problem in post 22, I am getting the same answer you are getting:

x^3+x^2-4x-6 = (x+3)(x-1+i)(x-(1+i))
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

If you want to study theoretical Physics, even for fun, I would recommend Differential Equations.

Axiomatic Geometry is even more fun - the world where lines can cross but not touch

Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

i really got thrown when doing a problem that the intructor gave us. its the same type of problem and there is the same discrepancy.
its difficult for me to believe that on the same day i can find both the text book and my instructor to be wrong concerning the exact same type of problem. stranger things have happened though.

I bet your instructor was in a hurry trying to figure out an example that's similar to the one in the book but just has different numbers, so he took the one in the book, tweaked it a little, then looked for the answer in the book and tweaked it using the same reasoning, without checking if it was right or not.