bloody_trauma

air intake on a hybrid?

It doesn't matter that it is a hybrid, if you can reduce the temp of the intake air, then it will definitely be a good thing for power and efficiency of the engine. What is a cold air intake? Is it intended to get air from in front of the car instead of some of the air being from under the hood? If that is the case, the manufacturers already do a pretty good job of that, they have a strong interest in getting the most power and efficiency. I was a chief design engineer at Honda R&D for 10 years.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

oh i can see it now...on the next episode of "Fast and Furiouse" its "Hell driven Hybrids!"....drifting no less. slammed and lowered, drifting, and getting 50 mpg!

Some hybrid models aren't really designed for delivering just good mileage. The Lexus hybrid models, for instance, are performance oriented instead of mileage oriented. Electric motors are really good at delivering torque at low RPM.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

any one have any idea if putting a cold air intake on a civic hybrid will be better or worse for it?

Ok, here's the deal with these "cold air intake" things... IF, and I did say IF it was to help, you are probably going to creating more problems in the long run. These include:

*Water ingestion (and possibly engine failure) if the intake is too low

*Bringing in hotter air than the original filterbox if the original pulls out of the fender-well or another area cooler. Which in turn effectively lowers your horsepower.

*Increased dirt/dust induction into the engine due to poor filter design.

*With oiled filters, too much oil can damage/foul electronic components like your MAF.

It's also highly unlikely that you would see any gain, as the engineers who designed the car probably did their best to make a very efficient system. However, if you were to consider adding a supercharger or some other type of forced air induction, the bottle neck could become the air-intake or exhaust system, and in that case you would want to consider adding something like a cold air intake. Be warned though, MOST "cold air intakes" DO NOT pull colder air into the engine, because they just pull in the hot air in the engine compartment... Many stock filter boxes pull from areas with colder air.

Short answer: DON'T do it.
Gravity Waits for No One.