sunshine

My computer is fucked up

For some reason i can only use Explorer for like 20 minutes at a time, then it starts doing the "cannot display page" error message. I reboot and it will work fine for another 20ish minutes. I have AVG and supposedly it took all the spyware crap off my puter, but this is still happening. It's quite annoying so if anyone cah help i would really appreciate it.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Do you have DSL? And if so, do you have a router on the back end of your DSL modem?

I'm not a guru, but a guru might know what I mean by this possibly being an IP addressing issue ... ... ??
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

IE can really accumulate a lot of crap over time, so clearing cookies and cache in that program can really help.

Adaware personal SE (lavasoftusa.com) can also help, but much of what that program does is clean out your IE cache, and if it's only IE that gives you problems, it could be worth just removing cache and cookies. (tools-->internet options-->general).

I'd recommend firefox anyway, as it's a much better browser, responds faster, and doesn't redirect you to a stupid search site that doesn't work if you type an invalid url.

Cleaning out cache and cookies in IE will cause you to lose some settings and automatic logins. Beware of this. Installing firefox would not do this.

You find firefox at mozilla.com.

Some people will insist on using IE, and where I work they have to, because of proxy settings. Man, that program causes me trouble.

Note that I take no responsibility, and that this advice was meant only as a guide.

:)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

For some reason i can only use Explorer for like 20 minutes at a time, then it starts doing the "cannot display page" error message. I reboot and it will work fine for another 20ish minutes. I have AVG and supposedly it took all the spyware crap off my puter, but this is still happening. It's quite annoying so if anyone cah help i would really appreciate it.

I knew something was wrong because I haven't recieved any pm's from you lately:P

This is probably the best thing for you to do. Go to download.com and get yourself whatever free anti-spyware program you can find. Spybot is pretty decent. Clean out your cache!(temporary internet files, cookies, etc.). That's your priority right now. Get the latest updates for these anti-spyware programs and get yourself a pop up blocker that you can customize for allowed content and blocked content.

Good luck grasshopper. Till then, stay off dem non-christian friendly sites, know what I mean? lol ;):D:o

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

"Till then, stay off dem non-christian friendly sites, know what I mean? lol "

----------------------------------

um once again, tell me the point of the internet if we can't go to those sites??:ph34r:

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706