skip

Cypress Battery Question

I have a cypress that is going to expire soon, as well as a used replacement that I will be having put in my rig this week. The expiring cypress has newish batteries in it and my new (used) has old batteries. Will there be a problem if I ask my rigger to take batteries out of the old cypress and put them into the new?

thanks

neilp

This is OK as long as the dates entered on your new(used) Cypres (inside the box and on the red sticker), show the same 'insertion' date as what's shown on your expiring Cypres. The battery is then only being used for a two year period from its original insertion[email] date, although it has been in two differant Cypres units.

Hi,
Before say that it's ok or not to do what you asking, let me say a few things:
-The batteries needs to be replaced in 2 years or 500 jumps.
-The manual does not state that you can do that or not.
-I contacted airtec (SSK/USA) and they told me that it's ok and it's not.

In my personal opinion, it's not ok! I don't do that on my demo and personal gears and to our customers as well.

I understand the time left you have on your cypres, but the batteries are not that expensive.

Cheers,
Gus Marinho

What do you mean when you say, "It's okay and it's not." ?

Why do you think it's not okay?

Assuming that this is the owner of both and he/she knows with some certainty that he/she has not put over 500 jumps on the batteries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

What do you mean when you say, "It's okay and it's not." ?

Why do you think it's not okay?

Assuming that this is the owner of both and he/she knows with some certainty that he/she has not put over 500 jumps on the batteries.

Hi Bonnie,
It's up to your own judgement! There is no regulation anywhere about it. The manufacturer said to me before it's ok, but they don't recommend it! I have customers asked before and in my perspective in not worth to us to do it!
How's your business? Selling goods?!
Cheers,
Gus Marinho

>>Hi Bonnie,
It's up to your own judgement! There is no regulation anywhere about it. The manufacturer said to me before it's ok, but they don't recommend it! I have customers asked before and in my perspective in not worth to us to do it!
How's your business? Selling goods?!
Cheers,
<<

I'm not saying that I have ever or would ever do this. I am not a rigger.

I just want to know what your perceived risk is.

So back to my question. What is your reasoning for not wanting to swap out batteries as long as the life span is still good.

Maybe there is something I did not think of here. I am trying to educate myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I'm not saying that I have ever or would ever do this. I am not a rigger.

I'm sorry, but I thought you were a rigger!

I just want to know what your perceived risk is.

There is no risk involved! I just wonder how can I keep track of this over 300 customers!!

So back to my question. What is your reasoning for not wanting to swap out batteries as long as the life span is still good.

Maybe there is something I did not think of here. I am trying to educate myself.

When manufacturers don't write on their manuals what a rigger servicing their products can do or not, it opens windows for fair and unfair interpretations.
I really understand why skip wants to do that, but this is in a personal situation. Dealing with a lot of customers daily is a completely different thing.
This issue is just my interpretation!
Cheers,
Gus Marinho