PeteW

His and Hers tattoos

Anybody ever got the same Tat as his/her SO? Me and my GF are thinking about it. Any advice? I know the big con is that if we ever split then we are left with a constant reminder. This will also be my first tattoo.

That statement alone is enough in most cases to dissuade people from doing it. Most relationships don't last forever.

Now if you married her and made it to 10 or 20 years successfully and you both still love each other, then yeah, go for it. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Anybody ever got the same Tat as his/her SO? Me and my GF are thinking about it. Any advice? I know the big con is that if we ever split then we are left with a constant reminder. This will also be my first tattoo.

The odds these days on a couple saty together are not good. Then either you and the next SO get to look at your tatoo, or you get to pay a lot of money and endure a lot of pain to have it removed.[:/]

My advice: Don't do it.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

you're big con is exactly the reason NOT to do it in my opinion... everyone i have ever known that got their SO's name or same design tattooed on their body has regretted it - i'm not saying that happens with EVERY person that does it, but just from the people i know - bad idea... if you guys want to get tattoos on the same say or something sure but dont get the same thing - get something that is meaningful to just you - it will be on your body forever even if shes not in your life forever
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

My Husband and I have the same zodiac sign, we are both Cancer. On out 1st anniversary we had matching "Crab" tattoos. Afterall it is our individual birth signs. His is on his upper front right shoulder, mine is on the small of my back. Mine has more "girly colors", meaning where his is green, mine is turquiose-green". They are the same, yet different. I like it and if we split.... no big deal, it's my birth sign!!
Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

My boyfriend and I got tattoos at the same time and place in the same style, but mine's a butterfly, and his is an oroborous (snake eating its own tail).

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=65508;

Edited to add: it wasn't like we did this as a "couples" thing. I picked my design and the artist, and he decided he liked her work and got one too.

My Husband and I have the same zodiac sign, we are both Cancer. On out 1st anniversary we had matching "Crab" tattoos. Afterall it is our individual birth signs. His is on his upper front right shoulder, mine is on the small of my back. Mine has more "girly colors", meaning where his is green, mine is turquiose-green". They are the same, yet different. I like it and if we split.... no big deal, it's my birth sign!!

And then she has the Worlds Coolest Tatoo also.

My Name Tatooed on her ASS!!:)
I think every Woman should get "JAY" Tatooed on thier Asses.

How about an illustration of her vagina on the bottom of your chin and an illustration of your penis on her forearm? :D

Seriously. There are a lot of intertwining tribal designs that signify being a couple or being in love. Tribal tattos on a woman are super sexy! Might as well be typical....Have one on your bicep as a band and have hers on her lower back. Anyway, check it out. Google it. I still like my first idea though.

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

It was special to me, something I had wanted since I was young..... I just happened to marry a man with almost the same birthday (I'm the 5th, he's the 6th). Worked out, I suppose. So I guess one could say HE got a tattoo that matched MINE, I knew what I wanted, he didn't......... copy cat :D.

Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."