n23x

LAWYERS, FLOCK TO ME NOW!!!!

I have a law related question. It's not for big money, but it is PISSING ME OFF something furious. If you help me out, I will be forever in your debt, and tell everyone that you are THE MAN/WOMAN.

So here's the deal. I do research/am a student on a small college campus. Parking sucks, and there are only a few parking lots that are all designated and require permit parking.

Now here is the fucked up thing. I have now received 3 different tickets parking on a public street on campus that has absolutely zero signage indicating that I need a permit to park there. The stated reason on the ticket is that I don't have a permit.

Now, it would be cake for me to go get a permit, and I can understand that some people might thing it's silly that I don't just comply. But I take issue with the fact that it's a public street, and they'll just ticket any car (even if it's some old grandma) because they don't have a permit.

The rules are stated such that, "you should just know".

I have "appealed" these tickets twice now. But here's the next problem. The person who reviews and decides if the appeal is appropriate is the Head of Public Safety. Further, she has indicated that even though they parking lots are signed, and the streets are not, I'm still at fault because "school doesn't have the funding to put up appropriate signage".

It seems that this is not in the interest of fairness if you get what I'm digging at...

What is the best way to appeal this? Could I get it into a legitimate court case? It just seems so wrong that I could get fined for this. It's obviously a measure to just rob me of 20 damn dollars every month.

Please give me some suggestions, this is making me grumpy.:|

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

So the ever infamous rule of skydivng law implies here

If there is no pic it didn't happen.

Take pics TODAY and take it to court and show the judge. No signs no ticket.

Good luck, more then likely you'll pay, cuz the other thing you gotta remember is

I FAUGHT THE LAW AND THE LAW WON :D

Guest 1010
Dorbie is correct and this falls under the category of GET A LIFE! If you die tomorrow, would you have wanted to spend your precious time on this rock on this thing? Maybe so, maybe not. Your time, your contribution to lawyers. If they just called it what it is, "Parking Tax," then would that make it right? There are lots of things like that called fees and such which are just taxes by another name. Student Activity Fee? Tax. Dorm room key fee? Tax. Admission into public school sports events? Tax. and so on ....

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

You sure those "public" streets are indeed owned by the city and not by the school? Is the rule saying you have to have a permit to park on campus, or certain designated lots? If on campus, then that would cover the whole perimeter of the campus including streets.

I don't think you have a case. You are on private property after all.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln