upndownshop

SkyFest Specialty Aircraft- Can we handle all of them?

With the changes in other events and other circumstances SF has been flooded from customers, manufacturers (over a dozen confirmed) and Aircraft owners wanting to attend.

The AN2 owners have inquired recently so i thought I would give this a shot first before i decide.

We have on line

Steerman 75% confirmed
Pitts -Confirmed
Powered Parachutes -confirmed (instructional flights):)1942 Champ-confirmed (instructional flights):)Heli - 50% confirmed
PAC 750 unknown (but local)
Balloons- have no freakin clue:S damn balloons always a pain..

and of course the usual
Casa
Otter
Grand Caravan
C182 and maybe a 206

As some of you know these AC can be real expensive and at a great risk.

Their deal is paid no matter if they fly jumpers or not. If they show up, they get paid.

So what does the dz.com public say?

Get em J!!! Lets make SF once again the only place to see all of this and for the fourth year in a row nowhere will you find more than about four Mfrs. in one place.

Hell no J give it up no one is showing this year!

Bitting nails for the next few weeks, no matter what ya'll say!!

Thank you

SkyFest 7 Skydive Spaceland July 11-16th

i havent voted yet still pondering still waiting for you to add what you said to your website also u slacker
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Humm...:)

On one hand there is no WFFC this year, could mean TONS of turnout. :$

On the other hand it IS in the hottest most humid state and the hottest at most miserable time of the year...:P

But on one hand what else IS there for a summer time boogie bound jumper to do? :o

One the other hand, there IS Lost Prairie...:P

I will interject that I wouldn't be paying for speciality AC that can't be jumped...it's a boogie not an air show.
I know from working with you that you definitely know the difference.;)

I'll be there no matter WHAT extra bells and whistles you decide to add...:)
I'll also again offer my services for some pre fest promotion as we spoke about...all that being said:

Just glad it's YOUR ASS & not mine on the line! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Putting together the biggest most diverse fleet of aircraft for a boogie?? Look what it did for the WFFC;)

Concentrate on being the best, not the biggest!

I appreciate that comment, this is what is so cool about all of this. This event is not about the AC necessarily. It offers numerous things that no other event does, so its uniqueness has helped make it one of the largest on its own. The AC are just a bonus.
And whats even better, they came to me:)
Of course I want a few specialty AC but if our event stayed at 300 to 400 folks forever, I would have no problem with that.

I have already told people that if by Friday we have 600 registered, I am walking up to the DZO and telling him your welcome I am going home!!

Thanks for the reminder..
So what day are you showing??;)

I will interject that I wouldn't be paying for speciality AC that can't be jumped...it's a boogie not an air show.

Oh yes lets do the pre fest marketing. I have been meaning to call you. send me yuor phone number please.

Thanks I appreciate that!!:S

c ya
J

i havent voted yet still pondering still waiting for you to add what you said to your website also u slacker

hey asshole!! I told you I could not find the frkn post!! Do you forget I am trying to get ready for a 5 month road trip!!!

call me i will give you my web guys info and you can help me...hows that!!!

Oh yes lets do the pre fest marketing. I have been meaning to call you. send me yuor phone number please.

c ya
J

He's in the book, just look under "Alway says-too fucking busy to RETURN CALLS!" :ph34r::S;)

The Pessimist says: "It can't possibly get any worse!"
The Optimist says: "Sure it can!"

Every year I go to SF with high hopes and eager anticipation only to leave dejected and sad...my name has YET to be drawn for a Pink Patch.
[:/][:/][:/]

Last year the consolation prize was having to look at Keith's mug organizing SCR/SCS jumps...as it will be this year, too, I'm sure.
:S

Screw the A/C...gimme the ladies!
:)

I voted the more the merrier...but then it's not my wallet facing the gallows.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

c ya
J

He's in the book, just look under "Alway says-too fucking busy to RETURN CALLS!" :ph34r::S;)

I just got home from Europe you pin head...read your freakin EMAIL! :S

Every year I go to SF with high hopes and eager anticipation only to leave dejected and sad...my name has YET to be drawn for a Pink Patch.

Ahh you poor old man!! I have been to all of the skyfest and NEVER got it either.. Im first. Oh wait....maybe I should buy some raffle tickets, would that help.

Shouldnt I get some sort of a Event Organizer advantage??:)

Screw the A/C...gimme the ladies!
:)

I could make it, but I don't think Spaceland would let me do a paid nekkid tandem with all those people there. B| So, I guess that means I will most likely stay home this year.

But J - There will be plenty of AC for people to jump out of, even if there is a better turnout this year. If the SkyFest budget can handle more, why the hell not, but like someone else said, it's a boogie, not an airshow.

Hope the weather holds out and it's not hot and humid... But then again, it is Texas, and it is Houston. :S

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Ahh you poor old man!! I have been to all of the skyfest and NEVER got it either.. Im first. Oh wait....maybe I should buy some raffle tickets, would that help.

Shouldnt I get some sort of a Event Organizer advantage??:)

You did, you got to give the skyfest alti to a deserving lady
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Speaking of airshows that will happen in addition to.

The P Parachutes will do a NIGHT CRW airshow for us. Yes CRW! Wheels on canopy.
Oh and Jim ummmmmmm I forgot to tell you something.

I volunteered you to do some CRW with them with the Flag!!! Sorry about not telling you sooner. They said they have no problem landing on your canopy. Dont worry they have head lights. Hey you would be the only person in the world to do CRW with a PP. On second thought can i go with you?

Oh and dont forget we do have the PITTS to circle you as well.

Your X friend J;):)

I volunteered you to do some CRW with them with the Flag!!! Sorry about not telling you sooner. They said they have no problem landing on your canopy. Dont worry they have head lights. Hey you would be the only person in the world to do CRW with a PP. On second thought can i go with you?

:|

Throw in the naked midgets and some monkeys throwing shit...

And it's 'just another' air show performance for ME! ;)

You really are a crazy nut!!

Looking forward to SkyFest, but honestly I'm not so in to all the specialty aircraft. They are fun to watch, but too expensive to jump.

Otters and the CASA are plenty for me. Maybe a helo.B|

L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

That sounds wonderful, J! Congrats on the line-up, thus far.

I wish that I could go, but I'm unable to confirm at the moment, due to my Masters classes & credentialing. My schedule is rigorous and sequential. I don't have (summer or otherwise) vacations; otherwise, I would try to make it. Well, we shall see.

You really are a crazy nut!!

No...I'm a PROFESIONAL PERFORMER :)

...that's just frustrated with the likes of those furry faced feces flinging primates that always show up late and think they're to GOOD to sign autographs! :S

AND

...don't EVEN get me started about the damn MIDGETS! >:(:P