skybytch

parachutist memorial page for JP?

Just a thought and I will try to put it as delicately as possible. I don't know what type of life insurance JP had, but I do know that most policies do not pay out in the case of suicide.

I agree with Nightingale. Maybe someone close to Corinne should find out how the money could best be served.

Chris

Theres a fund at the girls school to help with future tuition...

That being said yes help the family , but he was this groups friend to and if some want to divvy the money up to the different aspects that should not be frowned upon. Considering he mentioned wanting a page. Also I think it would be a nice sentiment for his wife, and daughters to see just how much he was loved by not only doing a memorial page but also helping to keep the girls in their school

Its just like anything in life, some donate money to save the boobies and others for hurricane victims.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Just a thought and I will try to put it as delicately as possible. I don't know what type of life insurance JP had, but I do know that most policies do not pay out in the case of suicide.

Some do, depending on how long you have had the policy. There's usually a limit, like they don't pay if it's under 5 years or something, just to make sure that people don't buy the policies and then commit suicide.

I definitely see your point of view. I do believe any money donated should go to where the individual donor wants it to go. My only concern is if JP's death has left a financial burden on Corinne and the girls. I personally cannot answer this but maybe someone who was closer to them could.

Chris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some do, depending on how long you have had the policy. There's usually a limit, like they don't pay if it's under 5 years or something, just to make sure that people don't buy the policies and then commit suicide.

True, but the only one who knows the answer to this is Corinne.

Chris

We should do whatever his wife thinks is appropriate.

It's not an either/or thing. We can honor JP in the magazine and look after his girls too.....

**Hugs** to you Gareth

I'm sure someone has spoken to Corinne already; if she were violently opposed to a page, or if their family were in dire straits, don't you think one of their good friends who live in Byron would pass that on, and nix the page?

Let's have a little faith in the folks who were closest to JP and his family. What I sent goes to whatever needs it most. There was information in the funeral home posting about a purely scholarship fund. Y'all feel free to use that instead if you want to.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)