Stacy

Old Married People

Congrats! Post pics!

Did everything go as planned with the ceremony after all those months of planning?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Neither of us got cold feet! Galen and I got married on 5/18 and just got back from a great week in Costa Rica!

Two more off the market!

Congratulations!!! I wish you both the best!

(And here, I thought this post was about 'Twardo:P)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

faux finish, no. it's an old spanish estate that belonged to the man who made radios- Powel Crosley. It's a local historical site and nothing is faux there.

and they aren't orchids. My favorite flower is an iris and they suprised me with faux iris' on the cake since real ones wouldn't stand up in the heat here.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood my post. I was sincerely admiring the pictures.

I've made hundreds of wedding cakes, but have never mastered the gum paste flower technique. It is truly a spectacular cake.

And I've done some faux finishing on walls too. I've made columns look like brickwork, kitchen walls look like ceramic tile and living room walls look like wallpaper... all with paint. The wall behind your cake table reminded me of some of those projects that I did. You picked a beautiful location.

Congratulations on such a successful wedding. I'm very happy for you. :)

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

teh guy who made the cake is a local "cake celebrity." He specializes in the sugar/gum paste work. His website is pretty neat- http://www.beautifulcakesbyron.com

He actually made a lifesize grand piano out of cake and sugar once!

He also, to my delight, can make fondant that doesn't feel hard or crunchy, etc. It was wonderful!

Quote from the cake decorators website:

"We'll do 15 to 20 weddings some weekends during the season," he said.

Whoa! I don't think many people can appreciate that statement. When I'd do a wedding cake, I'd have to take a week off of work just to do one cake. Thanks for sharing that website. His work is a feast for the eyes. :)

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.