woodpecker

custom RW suit wrong....need options

Ordered a custom sized suit and after 2 months of waiting it finally arrived....and wouldnt you know it, the legs and arms are BOTH 3.5 inches too long and the custom embroidery isnt there.

DAMNIT!!!

So my first option is to send it back to the company, wait for military snail mail to get it there, then back and hope its all correct.

or

and this is where I need some help. Is it possible to have someone modify the suit for me here in country, and just say screw the custom embroidery or is it best to just go with option 1.?

I just dont want to wait another 2 months.

Billy

and no I didnt do the measurements myself, I aleady asked my instructor, and I am very safe cuz people told me so.
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

If you paid for a service and a product it is not unreasonable to expect it to be done. Send it back and have the company fix the mistake. Inform the mthey should pay the shipping as the work was not up to standard the first time.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Before getting too worked up, did a rep do your measurements or did you do your own?

We had a teammate wait for a VERY long time for his new suit. When it finally arrived, the legs were too short. Turns out he provided his inseam measurement from off his regular clothes. (the order form explicitly stated crotch to floor while wearing shoes). His fault. Had wait another 3 weeks.

When I order a suit, I'm call the manufacturer and them walk through the entire order form with me and be VERY precise on exactly how they want each measurement taken. Sorry, it's annoying too. My wife's website will eventually include pictures of each measure being taken.

example - what does "knee to floor" mean:
1 - middle of knee to floor past the outside or inside of the foot? or turn the foot out?
2 - out board of the bottom of the knee cap straight down to floor past ankle?
3 - twist the tape from the front of the knee outboard to the floor
4 - maybe above the knee where you want the seam to be and projected straight to the floor

it's not easy to make a custom fit suit and each customer has totally different preferences on how tight a bootie should be etc. Some stuff is really goofy. Some try to add stuff later because they forgot and don't understand it might require the work so far to be completely restarted (like a 'simple' pocket added after certain parts are joined). And some don't really take it seriously until AFTER they get the suit and just slop the measurements on the form without double check. Hey, it's a couple hundred dollars Plus.

in your case, 3.5 inches on all the limbs sounds like a big goof up somewhere in measure or build, likely would force a rebuild on the legs (that might require the entire body to be disassembled too), if the upper arm is good, the the spandex forearms may be simple to take in depending on how they are cuffed.

They should ask you to remeasure yourself instead of using the original form - take good time and do it exactly as they say. If it's uncertain, call and have them walk you through it.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I had a rep measure me...though not a rep of their company and everything else fit purfectly.

I just remeasured myself as you suggested and I was only about half an inch off on the measurements posted.

Guess its going back and I'm waiting again. UGH, I hate waiting.

Thanks for all who replied. I knew it would have to go back just hoping for that magic bullet where someone had a great idea that would save time.

Billy
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

I had a rep measure me...though not a rep of their company and everything else fit purfectly.

I just remeasured myself as you suggested and I was only about half an inch off on the measurements posted.

Guess its going back and I'm waiting again. UGH, I hate waiting.

Thanks for all who replied. I knew it would have to go back just hoping for that magic bullet where someone had a great idea that would save time.

Billy

Have you worn your rig while wearing it (the suit)yet? You need some extra leg room in the crotch to tighten your leg straps.

Mick.

I actually havent put the rig on while wearing the suit, but the crotch fits fine....its the actual legs that are too long. I'll try it for the sake of argument and wishfull thinking but I dont see my rig pulling four inches outta the lets.

I'll post after I give it a shot. Thanks for the idea though.
SONIC WOODY #146

The company just got back with me and wrote the following:

Sorry to hear about that, and yes our fault we forgot your embroidery.
However we really take care of our customers, and it will be very easy to
fix.

So here are the solutions

1. very easy to make it short, exactly were you like it, we will reimburse
you $ 38 to make the alterations yourself. (fastest solution)

2. Return us the suit in our US address, we will correct the problem (time:
3 to 4 weeks after receive the suit, not our fault since the suit need to be
forward to Peru)

3. If you are not happy at all with us , we will reimburse your money in
full.

Any other recommendation is welcome, solution # 1 will be the most
recommended, but you are the customer

Seems fair and not complaining about the company, I just have a question to someone familiar with suit construction.

The RW suit has large grippers and booties. Would it even be possible for a seamstress/tailor to shorten the legs and not screw everything up?

Billy
SONIC WOODY #146