ScottyE

Reserve connector links

TS102 Component Definitions - Standard Equip List
published February 1986, defines which manufacturer is supposed to supply which component.

Canopy manufacturers are responsible for canopy, suspension lines, sliders and connector links.

Container manufacturers are responsible for all other components: steering toggles, pilot chutes, freebags, etc.
Personally, I suspect that canopy manufacturers out-voted container manufacturers.
Hee!
Hee!

Personally, I suspect that canopy manufacturers out-voted container manufacturers.

Makes you wonder how many other critical things were decided by vote and not the reality of the situation.:S

The ones that get me, are those who sell their mains to buy a new main and sell the risers with the main!

Chuck

The ones that get me, are those who sell their mains to buy a new main and sell the risers with the main!

Chuck

To quote Forest Gump, “Stupid is as stupid does”. Sell em a new set.:)

Oh, I do! :D

Chuck

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sad to say, but the average modern skydiver is not bright enough to remove or install main risers, much less assemble a canopy.

Let's face it, main risers are a high-wear-item that should be replaced every 600 or so jumps. If a clueless (PIA TS-102) skydiver tries to sell a harness without main risers, just tell him to drop his asking price $100 to $2150.

Chuck

To quote Forest Gump, “Stupid is as stupid does”. Sell em a new set.:)

Oh, I do! :D

Chuck

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sad to say, but the average modern skydiver is not bright enough to remove or install main risers, much less assemble a canopy.

Let's face it, main risers are a high-wear-item that should be replaced every 600 or so jumps. If a clueless (PIA TS-102) skydiver tries to sell a harness without main risers, just tell him to drop his asking price $100 to $2150.

There ya' go! Even if, they aren't trying to sell the main or the entire rig, just 'try' and tell them they need new risers after about 600-jumps or so.

Chuck

I'm buying a Aerodyne Smart reserve to put in my new container and was wondering if they ship them with connector links or is that something a rigger keeps on hand and I'll pay for when he assembles and packs it?

Yip, we ship them with softlinks. :)
Thanks for Flying Aerodyne