Nightingale

Internet Access at Prairie?

Is there any way to get internet access at Lost Prairie?

I'm taking two classes online, and I'm going to need to access each class at least twice while I'm at prairie. I'm hesitant to use an internet cafe or something, because I need to access port 8900 and a lot of firewalls block that.

I'm taking two classes online, and I'm going to need to access each class at least twice while I'm at prairie. I'm hesitant to use an internet cafe or something, because I need to access port 8900 and a lot of firewalls block that.

The idea behind prairie is that you are kinda cut off from the rest of the world - and I think it should stay that way.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The idea behind prairie is that you are kinda cut off from the rest of the world - and I think it should stay that way.

'
AMEN to that.

I suppose if you have a cell connection to the internet... you COULD drive up to the fire tower;)

'
AMEN to that.

I suppose if you have a cell connection to the internet... you COULD drive up to the fire tower;)

I do and wasn't planning to turn it on - but if you wish, Dear fellow shutter bug . . . you may use mine.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

We were at LP boogie when Iraq invaded Kuwait.

Didn't have a clue it happened until we stopped for gas on the way home and peeps were bitching at the gas pumps about how fast the price of gas went up:o

Didn't have a clue it happened until we stopped for gas on the way home and peeps were bitching at the gas pumps about how fast the price of gas went up:o

Uh huh - and what difference did it m,ake being separated from that info for that long?

'
AMEN to that.

Normally, I would agree. Believe me, I was perfectly happy being cut off from the world for a week last year. However, one of my teachers has scheduled an online final exam for that week, and the timing is non-negotiable. I don't want to be emailing or instant messaging... I just want to take the stupid exam and get back to having fun.

[Normally, I would agree. Believe me, I was perfectly happy being cut off from the world for a week last year. However, one of my teachers has scheduled an online final exam for that week, and the timing is non-negotiable. I don't want to be emailing or instant messaging... I just want to take the stupid exam and get back to having fun.

Can you be drunk while you take it? :)

[Normally, I would agree. Believe me, I was perfectly happy being cut off from the world for a week last year. However, one of my teachers has scheduled an online final exam for that week, and the timing is non-negotiable. I don't want to be emailing or instant messaging... I just want to take the stupid exam and get back to having fun.

Can you be drunk while you take it? :)

Will she have a choice?:o

Well, given that in the last assignment, one of my classmates managed to receive a (barely)passing score when she claimed that dinosaurs were mammals and died of a flood or a drug overdose(?), I'd probably do just fine regardless of my alcohol consumption. :S

Sweet - Red Nighty Juice coming up!

Uh huh - and what difference did it m,ake being separated from that info for that long?

Zippo except got to say Golly gee whiz:S

OTOH my Boss the wife took a job interview at the WFFC over the cell phone the last year they had the jet. In the background over the PA sytem they were announcing "TITS for TOTS" in the main tent tonight" :) Got the job (School teacher not stripper)